DVD Shipping Date - Any Updates?

I must say, however, that the steps being taken by Box 5 to alleviate the concerns of those whose standards are somewhat higher than mine are proof positive that DCA chose the right vendor.

What Andy said.

Kudos to Box 5...talk about customer service!!! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke with Box 5 today and they are close to shipping... probably later next week. Anxious to see them myself... after the quality of the CD's - exciting and very encouraging.

Hey Tom really on edge with the whole Box 5 experience. Numerous phone calls and follow up and still no DVD's from an event that happened 6 months ago? Great Quality....customer service?

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering the same thing. I would love to watch these re-mastered beauties!!!!!!

Even though personally I wouldnt spend the money to purchase this item I think the DCA people should be ashamed with the performance of the company that was contracted by them to handle this task. Guess it's time to look for a more competent group to handle this task that is very important to the Drum Corps activity faithful!!!!!! :thumbdown:

I haven't bought a copy yet, but watched most corps from 10 - 1. Some corps had no issues. Cabs had many video issues. High cam's quality was vastly different then every other corps , pretty much looked like previous years picture quality. 1 camera looked like the picture was from a home video, and another camera had severe blurriness or ghosting. Also, on the Buccaneers, the audio cut out at the end of the opener and during the encore at some point.

I really want to buy a set, but only if everything is worked out. Had it not been for any of the above issues, this would be just 1 step below DCI's videos, only because they offer theirs in Blu-Ray.

Last thing, I have no idea why they offer a prelims performance with 4 camera options, but only 2 for all of finals. I remember when DCI used to offer 4 camera options for the top 6. Hopefully in the future.

I'm not going to bash this company yet. I think they are a good company, and they realized a mistake was made initially, and they are trying to fix it. I don't mind the wait if it means the DVD's are going to be better. It would be cool to get an occasional update on shipping status either on this forum or on their website. Otherwise, I think DCA should give them a few years before judging them harshly. This is the first year for Box5, let them work out the kinks. I know back in 1995 - 98, DCI used IBM due to financial concerns, and the product suffered. They gave the company a few years (although I think financially they had no other choice) and then let them go after 1998 because the product was not up to snuff. I think Box5 will be great, we just have to have patience and give them a chance. I am sure that next year will be better after this initial year.

I don't understand the point of bashing. These guys have not run and hid from the issue. They stood up and said they will fix it and send us out new discs. If they just ignored the issue and gave us the snub I would agree with the bashing. Not this time. Box 5 is Stand-up people and want this to be right. Give them a chance and I think you will be pleased in the end.

But I would like to know when to start stalking the mail-man!!!!! :smile:

Just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't bashing. In fact, loving the set. Wanted to inform people of what I saw so that they know to look for it and ask for a new set if they have the same problems.

Looking forward to buying a set once everything is all fixed up.