DVD Shipping Date - Any Updates?

Hey Everybody,

Box 5 is going to re-master the DVD's and send out new copies. This should take care of the "flickering" and artifacting problems. You will be sent a new copy, and get to keep the old one and use it as a very cool coaster.

FYI, this will not be done until after the Holidays. As we get more info from Box5 we will let everybody know. It sucks, but they are working on the fix.

Thanks,

Mike Symonds

DCA Media Director

It looks like this needs to be done.

It's just too bad that nobody at Box 5 bothered to review their output before shipping the product.

No quality control.

If they really do this properly, their profit for 2010 is gone.

Well, I to have the same issue with ghosting and such, and I am glad that it will be resolved. The delay is not the end of the world - making it right is what is necessary.

I certainly do not know the profitability of this production for Box5, but I hope this does not hurt them. Good companies that stand behind what they do is what we need more of today.

Thanks Box5 for caring enough to fix this. It will come back to you in multiples in the future.

Hey Everybody,

Box 5 is going to re-master the DVD's and send out new copies. This should take care of the "flickering" and artifacting problems. You will be sent a new copy, and get to keep the old one and use it as a very cool coaster.

FYI, this will not be done until after the Holidays. As we get more info from Box5 we will let everybody know. It sucks, but they are working on the fix.

Thanks,

Mike Symonds

DCA Media Director

As much as I hated the idea of having to wait to order, I am glad I did. Thanks Mike for pushing this one and Kudos to Box 5 for acting on the customer comments. I look forward to getting my copy and finally seeing finals. Marching has prevented me from seeing the other corps and I can't wait to finally see what everyone else did this year.

Thanks again Mike and Box 5.

Box 5 is committed to making the absolute best product we can, regardless of profit margins. We are aware of all the issues and we are working to fix all errors the best we can.

To give everyone a little insight to the issues. The stuttering (ghosting) problem comes from a fields issue. Basically, its a situation where we have to maintain compatibility with past technology, tube (or CRT) TV's and new technology like LCD and Plasma. If you don't have your settings exactly right then you will get this issue. Some people will perceive the issue worse than others due to personal settings on their equipment. Make no mistake we see the issue also and our QC guy didn't catch that issue.

So what does that mean - its means that we will re-encode and transcode the product to try and remove these issues for you guys. It also means that we will get a chance to re-work some edits that we might want back. I do monitor what you guys have said as to what you would like to see and we will try our best to have those moments show up in this next edit. Keep in mind we can't get them all but we will try.

We are committed to providing the best possible product on the planet. Hopefully, in this next batch you will see that and we can make a few more of you excited for next years product.

Tim Snyder

Box 5 Productions

Box 5 is committed to making the absolute best product we can, regardless of profit margins. We are aware of all the issues and we are working to fix all errors the best we can.

To give everyone a little insight to the issues. The stuttering (ghosting) problem comes from a fields issue. Basically, its a situation where we have to maintain compatibility with past technology, tube (or CRT) TV's and new technology like LCD and Plasma. If you don't have your settings exactly right then you will get this issue. Some people will perceive the issue worse than others due to personal settings on their equipment. Make no mistake we see the issue also and our QC guy didn't catch that issue.

So what does that mean - its means that we will re-encode and transcode the product to try and remove these issues for you guys. It also means that we will get a chance to re-work some edits that we might want back. I do monitor what you guys have said as to what you would like to see and we will try our best to have those moments show up in this next edit. Keep in mind we can't get them all but we will try.

We are committed to providing the best possible product on the planet. Hopefully, in this next batch you will see that and we can make a few more of you excited for next years product.

Tim Snyder

Box 5 Productions

I believe Mike Symonds chose the correct company for the job. Your statement confirms this belief.

Perhaps a "Witch and Dorothy Cam" for the Empire Statesmen's show. Those two characters....along with the Scarecrow, Tin Man and Lion, were central to that show's theme. The "spinning bed" and "Witch meltdown" were key effects in that program that should be highlighted, IMO.

Perhaps a "Witch and Dorothy Cam" for the Empire Statesmen's show. Those two characters....along with the Scarecrow, Tin Man and Lion, were central to that show's theme. The "spinning bed" and "Witch meltdown" were key effects in that program that should be highlighted, IMO.

My Point EXACTLY Fran!

Tim Snyder

Box 5 Productions

Having grown up with Stetson Richmond's records (the ones where the purple thread came off on the needle as you played it) and silent 8mm movie film, I guess my standards aren't all that high. I must say, however, that the steps being taken by Box 5 to alleviate the concerns of those whose standards are somewhat higher than mine are proof positive that DCA chose the right vendor.