Why are corps so dirty the first few weeks of tour?

With 3 full weeks of pre tour, and several weekend long camps I would think that corps would be pretty clean... I look at the marching band I marched with, we would be relatively clean about a month into rehearsals, and we would only practice 4 times a week for 3 hours. Are corps just pretty dirty because their programs are so intense, or what? I just think that if my band was given 3 full weeks of rehearsal we would be ridiculously clean to the point of almost perfection. I know our programs arent as difficult, but we had harder programs than anyone else in my state did, so what do you think???

IMHO I think part of the answer is that we have such high expectations of corps.

With 3 full weeks of pre tour, and several weekend long camps I would think that corps would be pretty clean... I look at the marching band I marched with, we would be relatively clean about a month into rehearsals, and we would only practice 4 times a week for 3 hours. Are corps just pretty dirty because their programs are so intense, or what? I just think that if my band was given 3 full weeks of rehearsal we would be ridiculously clean to the point of almost perfection. I know our programs arent as difficult, but we had harder programs than anyone else in my state did, so what do you think???

...Drum corps are making it look easy. If your band could clean a full show in 12 rehearsals, your show is easy. Fact. And I try SO hard to defend marching band...

But yeah, the shows are harder than the hardest shows in your state.

...Drum corps are making it look easy. If your band could clean a full show in 12 rehearsals, your show is easy. Fact. And I try SO hard to defend marching band...

But yeah, the shows are harder than the hardest shows in your state.

Ok... when I say clean, I mean breaking 85's. I meant a month of during school rehersals. We would have about a week full of drum corpesque rehersals during the summer. So it was more like 30 during school rehersals which IMO is enough to clean a marching band show well.

the band I work with would never be close to clean after 3 weeks (fairly good band, but not nearly at BOA level)... if your band is clean after 3 weeks, they need a harder show.

DCI shows are designed to be clean in August, not late June.

Edited by soccerguy315

Ok... when I say clean, I mean breaking 85's. I meant a month of during school rehersals. We would have about a week full of drum corpesque rehersals during the summer. So it was more like 30 during school rehersals which IMO is enough to clean a marching band show well.

...The number has nothing to do with how clean they are, you realize that, right? If you start doling out high numbers too soon, you have no where to grow.

...Your band doesn't have "corpsesque" rehearsals.

...If you can clean your show top to bottom in "30 during school rehearsals," you need a harder show.

...Go march drum corps. Seriously. You'll love it. And then when you come back here, you'll understand first hand!

...PS: When your favorite bando corps cuts you, keep auditioning. There are other corps besides Cavaliers, Carolina Crown, and Phantom Regiment. Crazy, I know.

Edited by DrillmanSop06

So... are you comparing DCI World Class 85's to state marching band competition 85's? Is this all you're basing 'cleanliness' off of?

(also what DrillmanSop06 said)

Edited by C4T

Hey I have an idea...let's compare a skateboard with a Ferrari.