Why are corps so dirty the first few weeks of tour?

My only suggestion it to learn to and embrace sleeping on the bus. Because of my time in drum corps, I can sleep almost anywhere in almost any position. I may not be much fun on a long trip, but I am always well rested.

Yup. What with the cramped bus seats and the hard gym floors, I can basically sleep anywhere I want now.

Anyone that marches a baritone or higher horn should not complain, as well as any snare or bass drum under 26". Unless they want to get dirty looks from the euphs, tubas, low basses and quads...

Speaking of that, I remember a certain basics session in 89 where a rookie Soprano

player started b####### about his arms hurting from holding up the horn for so long...

At that point, our much feared marching instructor, Don Pitzer proceeded to take the

Sop out of his hands, give it to me and hand him my Eupho to carry for the rest of

the session...I must say, it was a very nice session after that! (For me anyway)

Speaking of that, I remember a certain basics session in 89 where a rookie Soprano

player started b####### about his arms hurting from holding up the horn for so long...

At that point, our much feared marching instructor, Don Pitzer proceeded to take the

Sop out of his hands, give it to me and hand him my Eupho to carry for the rest of

the session...I must say, it was a very nice session after that! (For me anyway)

God I LOVE hearing stories like this!

Sop players......what can ya do LOL

Yep, I had a basics session like that once. They let us all switch instruments, guess which instruments the euph section ran right to? Yep, the trumpets. It was such an easy day for us. And they complained for the whole day after it, something about the horns being too heavy or something.

• 4 weeks later...

That was funny. I thought you were gonna crap your pants when it happened.