Judging the "Tour Of Champions" Shows?

While I appreciate the comments about the "G-8" concept in general, I really wanted to focus on how it going to be judged, in this thread.

I think DCI has a responsibility to define it, as in defining the "product" they are selling, no?

I bet Michael Boo would know the answer to this question....

I think our two friendly wanna be dictators are going to define and program their product THEN decide how to judge it. ie "Well have a great pre-show, three standstill numbers and a monkey juggling basketballs, so that is what we are judging everyone on."

Seems to me that DCI has a responsibility to define what it is they are selling.

I mean, how can you pay to go to a show, without knowing what you will get?

A real, judged competition, comparable to the rest of the schedule? Or an "exhibition" show?

I attended last year's Allentown "3-C's" show, and was underwhelmed. It was nice to see each of the shows twice, nice to hear a little from the designers regarding what they had in mind with the shows, but overall it really broke up the continuity after a while, and just dragged out the show.

Is it just my feeble mind, or does anyone else remember that these shows will NOT be judged at all?

pretty sure that has never been said... I thought the last we heard they were going to try to incorporate some kind of interactive voting to count as part of the score (which will obviously change the judging sheets, or they could just judge normally and then divide by 2 (or 1.5, or whatever), and then give the other X% to the interactive voting).

• 1 month later...

Now that the schedule is out, how can we buy tickets for one of these shows, without knowing what we are buying?