2011 DCI Tour of Champions and more

If the idea is to bankrupt as many non-G8 corps as possible, I think it will succeed brilliantly.

First 2 shows of the year are in Texas, and the Crossmen are not allowed to perform. The G8 don't want to share money with them. How f'd up is that?

Yes, the corps are independent, and to some extent can do what they want, but DCI *should* be looking out for the health of the entire activity (though, it never has). DCI is run by the top corps for the benefit of the top corps, has been that way since it was created. Think how NASCAR would be if it was run by the top 4 teams for the benefit of the top 4 teams, rather than being run by an organization not affilited with ANY of the teams, and you have DCI.

Here's a rule DCI should adopt: Any show with World Class corps in it that is not open to ANY/ALL World Class Corps that wish to participate will NOT be a DCI sanctioned show, will not be promoted by DCI or mentioned on DCI.org in any way. Also, any judges that work said show will be ineligible to judge at any DCI event for the remainder of that year. If corps want to stage an exhibition performance somewhere, fine good luck with that, but it should NEVER be allowed to interfere with the DCI competition schedule.

I, for one, will be going to the Erie, PA show the Sunday after Allentown. That's the show for all the non-G8 corps on the same day as the G8 show in NJ. I'll vote with my feet and my wallet. I used to have a performance that day, but it seems the G8 in addition to not wanting to share income with non-G8 DCI corps also don't want to share any income with exhibition corps.

Basically, if you're not in the G8, you're getting screwed by them.

Crossmen should kick it " old school " . Go to the parking lot setup an arc and play there show plus what ever else they want with all of the local Bones family there to watch and make sure it's loud!! What is the G8 gonna give them a penalty for noise level during someone's show? Oh wait..

Crossmen should kick it " old school " . Go to the parking lot setup an arc and play there show plus what ever else they want with all of the local Bones family there to watch and make sure it's loud!! What is the G8 gonna give them a penalty for noise level during someone's show? Oh wait..

I'm assuming the Crossmen aren't that immature.

Won't go see the eight best drum corps in the world ostensibly to demonstrate your solidarity with the corps who didn't make the first-class cut? That's going to help them how? Lunkhead jocks taunting "band" geeks aren't the enemy; we are.

HH

and if you feed the beast, it will come back for more

• Like 1

Haha...That happened this year it was pretty funny, you could tell the G8 people were miffed made it that more a great time.

I might go to a show if it's close and isn't one of the greedy tour of whatever events.

agreed :thumbup:

Won't go see the eight best drum corps in the world ostensibly to demonstrate your solidarity with the corps who didn't make the first-class cut? That's going to help them how? Lunkhead jocks taunting "band" geeks aren't the enemy; we are.

HH

because those drum corps want to kill off all the other ones.

That is not my in interest.