Madison VS BK

Mbwun

From what I see everyone is giving Madison a ton of credit for putting together a great musical package that wasn't broken up (which they did) but what about BK? They had three solid pieces of music that were complete and not broken apart as the arranger saw fit so why is it only Madison that gets the credit? I thought both shows were awesome in regards to musical quality so someone please explain why BK has been left out of the good music category

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not forget both corps had the same brass arranger, who did a great job for both.

As for calling your thread Madison vs BK, I don't really get that. I mean, if your wondering why the Madison Scouts won the popularity contest, it's simple, they're more popular apparently.

Both corps were great, both had good design...I think there's just more history with Madison, not to mention a much larger alumni base that seem to be more passionate about the corps.

Just my opinion.

Sorry to put so fine a point on it my friend, but I also do not see the "vs" angle................and both of those corps has great shows that they both performed well. My hat's off to them both.

apologies on the title i worded it wrong giving it an angle i didn't anticipate... so sorry.. and how can i delete this in order to create a better worded thread

Edited by Mbwun

troll!

but really, you just ask for the admins to close it

I don't get the "VS" except that the two corps were very competitive with each other last year. I'm a Scouts honk but I really liked BK's show. That's the first time I can honestly say that.

I don't get the "VS" except that the two corps were very competitive with each other last year. I'm a Scouts honk but I really liked BK's show. That's the first time I can honestly say that.

Same here.... the Blue Knights show was a surprisingly enjoyable show for me last year too. I suspect we're not the only ones either , SFZFAN.

I liked BK. Saw them live at West Chester, PA and I've seen the DVD's. In my experience, their shows translate a lot better in person than on video (like most corps). I think they have a tremendous brass program there. Much of my focus is usually on their brass...their tuning, their tone production...just the training involved is evident and clear. I know they're quirky visually, and that's not everyone's cup of tea. They're also really dark and do the kind of shows that they want to do, which puts people off. I can see where people are coming from who don't like BK...but personally, I'm a big fan and I look forward to seeing them every year.