Thanksgiving & New Years Parade

eric24

Macy*s listing of who is performing in the parade did not include any drum corps this year.

I missperforming in that parade. It was a good chance to meet other members and become friends.

Vigilantes performed in a locally televised "Parade of Lights" last night in Fort Worth, Texas. Great weather and huge turn out. It seemed every pass in review our playing was timed perfectly. The parade gods were with us! :)

Two more Christmas parades next Saturday that will not be televised, but give us face time. My favorite part is that my 8 year daughter will make her drum corps debut in these events carrying the banner at the front of the corps.

Carrie Sullivan, the contra soloist for Shenandoah Sound (She played the contra solo in "Nothing Like A Dame") was the featured souzaphone player in the Macy's Great American Band. She did a dance and played a bouncing bass part right infront of the cameras at Macy's.