Most Famous Show Ever?

:thumbup: I'm so sad that no one remembers SCV '73... YPG, First "Bottle Dance", 27 out of 28 shows won... Curse DCI for not filming '73 finals. No one remembers it~ :tongue:

O.K. Now that that's out of my system. As much as I hate to say it, I've got to say Madison '75 as one of the most famous. Loved them HORNS! :tongue:

• Like 1

1995 Madison Scouts.

Star 1993

Phantom Regiment 2008

SCV 1989

BD 1986

Garfield 1983

For me it would be Cavies 1966, seeing them at the Dream that year forever changed my drum corps intensity level.

Is that the year they had the awesome bari and contra line?

• Like 1

It's the same, but with a bunch of reasons and explanations that I need to think about before I can adequately express.

Will be waiting.This thread is worthy of discussions. (Esp in the off-season.)

Doesn't famous mean the show that was most seen/heard ever?

If that's the case, I'll suggest the 1979-80 27th Lancers as their show was seen by a decent portion of the world during the 1980 Closing Ceremonies of the Winter Olympics in Lake Placid...just sayin'

Good point...but that was two shows. They performed excerpts from 79, yes?

• Like 1

Wow, with the hundreds of great shows (the ones almost everyone has heard or seen on media) it's almost impossible to pick the "most famous" show ever. With most of the great early 60s shows being East coast and the Midwest only going out a few times (except for Cavies) the most famous would have been a "eastern thing". (SAC, Cabs, Sky, Kevins etc). My choice would have to be 1975 Madison as they were destroying everthing in sight and won in Philly. That show STILL gets its props today...35 years later by EVERYBODY, East coast, Midwest and West coast. Even a lot of the youngsters have either heard or seen that show. As it might have been the swan song of classic drum corps with BD showing us the future in 76, the 75 Scouts have my pick. :satisfied: