Most Famous Show Ever?

After some more thought Anahiem Kingsmen 1972 CYO National was pretty special. They went on after the rain delay and turned that east coast crowd insane.

• Like 1

1988 Blue Devils

1986 Blue Devils

1989 Vanguard

G

Thanks again G and Tommy.

G - it is very very flattering to be grouped with BD 1986!

But, rules are rules... you must pick only one....

I can only speak for 1975 forward and will decide based on who would I want to see right now perform at a stadium right next to me their final most spectacular performance of that given year... 1980 27th Lancers.

Edited by Joe Salvatore
  • Like 1

My all time favorite show (which has already been mentioned in the thread) was the 1975 Madison Scouts... Until I marched in the 1982 Blue Devils!

I still give the edge to 75 Madison as they are definately more famous that we were.

I would think for a show to be considered most famous it would need to be one that is talked about often.

In that vein I would think shows such as the following would fit that bill

Madison 95

BD 86

Star 93

Cadets 87

Muchachos 75?

And from those I would have to say Star 93 is probably the most talked about, thus most famous show out there.

• Like 1

Doesn't famous mean the show that was most seen/heard ever?

If that's the case, I'll suggest the 1979-80 27th Lancers as their show was seen by a decent portion of the world during the 1980 Closing Ceremonies of the Winter Olympics in Lake Placid...just sayin'

Beat me to it.

So I'll second the motion.

After some more thought Anahiem Kingsmen 1972 CYO National was pretty special. They went on after the rain delay and turned that east coast crowd insane.

I was here with Garfield that night and the Kingsmen were OUTSTANDING!Bobby Hoffman worked with us and them that year. I still can remember sitting in the stands, him using his interval stick to set the opener up vividly.

I was here with Garfield that night and the Kingsmen were OUTSTANDING!Bobby Hoffman worked with us and them that year. I still can remember sitting in the stands, him using his interval stick to set the opener up vividly.

The most famous show is 89 SCV, as is witnessed by the zillion ripoff band shows in the fall every year since they did it. Second most famous is 84 Garfield, West Side Story. I would say the third most has to be 89 BD, for obvious reasons, followed closely by 95 Cavies.

By the way, I'm not trying to spam you guys, and rather than create a separate thread which would be inappropriate for this forum, I thought I would ask if anyone on here who doesn't visit the World/Open Forums would like to contribute to our kickstarter campaign.

We're trying to raise money to buy the kids some instruments this year. The kids are great, and they need to be involved somewhere, and it sure won't be the Cadets who take them. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1951085831/imperial-sound-drum-and-bugle-corps