STOMP

I was thinking maybe this thread would be best to keep it as a place where we could all mourn together, but as anyone who knows Rich knows....at some time it's time to belch and say something funny, so I started the thread "Belch" in the off topic forums. Would love for Rich's friends to remember funny things Rich said and did. He would want us laughing our ##### off, even if it's through tears.

Good call.

Rest in peace. :satisfied:

'Belch'

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:tongue:

My wife and I found out the other night when Todd Tanji posted it on Facebook..When my wife told me - Hey! Isn't that your friend from Renegades?

My jaw is still sore from hitting the floor.

This was just shocking! Rich was one of the first folks outside of the MBI family to find out I had bypass surgery back in 2005, and sent me an e-mail to wish me well, then to abuse me for getting there in the first place..I almost laughed too hard after that..

I'm going to miss our connections both here and through FB, and mostly at DCA..It wasn't a trip to DCA with either having one with Rich, or seeing he was getting an early start on the festivities..He made a memorable trip to Minnesota with Frontier when he marched with them, and made a very large impression on the gang at Patrick's in St. Peter..

Seeing the amount of FB posts on his site - yeah, this one hurts! Gonna miss you big guy - you'll always be a part of our community. :satisfied:

Someone else had the Irish blessing - I'll add my Irish toast..May you be in heaven half an hour before the Devil knows you're dead!

I suspect he had no idea either, my friend! Vaya con dios!

Pat

Oh yeah - BELCH!

Our drum corps family has lost a truly special person. I was able to meet with Rich several times over the years thanks to DCA. The memories I have of Rich are of smiles and laughter. Stomp In Peace my amigo, Stomp in Peace.

I always looked forward to one of his bear hugs,......................Rich was the greatest un-appointed good will ambassador the Renegades had..................loved that guy,..............In 2003, and Rich made it his personal chore to make sure the Thunderbird contingient had the best time possible when we went out for the CNY parade, he took three whole days, met us and stayed at our hotel, and gave us the total SF tour during our entire stay,..........I can't think of another occasion in my DC career where anyone was that concerned with showing me their town,............we made a photo journal and it has been posted on our corps website ever since. 2003 CNY Photo Gallery

Edited by Gary Matczak

Hello,

I know i havnt been on DCP for awhile maybe a few years.

anyways, I had permission by the Skare family to sell "I STOMP THEM" shirts

all profits made on this shirt will be donated to Concord Blue Devils and Santa Clara Vanguard under Rich's name.

here is the link to the item.

I STOMP THEM SHIRT's

here is how the shirt looks like.

I%20STOMP%20shirt.png

All i ask is to spread the word about this and keep it positive!

Edited by altorawker

Rich Skare Video by Trevor Terrill

Video nicely done by someone who obviously knew him well.

That was excellent.

Rich may have lived only 39 years.... but it sure seems from that video that he put a whole lot of living into those years. :thumbup:

+ + +