Grab a bowl, It's time to dish: 2k11 Style

PrfctTimeOfDay

Why yes, I have heard about SCV’s show, it came up in a conversation in a round about way with a good friend, and yes, it’s going to be a fantastic show. :thumbup:

Word is Fahrenheit is turning up the heat in their fun filled skin-tastic show. Jai Ho!

I was at the store picking up some corona when the clerk asked paper or plastic, I said..nah, I’ll just carry it. It was a lovely day afterall.

Blessed (Sac)red Heart is going to box us in with wonderful performance art theatre

Zyd co….hey who stole the ‘e’ in zydeco? :tongue:

Flying in head first, Choctaw is going to delight. This repeat finalist has a history of excellent shows.

Rumor has is that CGCG is kicking around doing a show about either: Blue cellos, Yellow violas, or Green double basses.

Miamisburg has been quietly reassembling their powerhouse design team/staff from the late 90’s and early 2000’s…and back to the burg is dance diva carol abohatab

It seems as though Lawrence Central not only has new directors, but has also has picked up a new artistic director (and he might be a sleeping giant). Time will tell.

Uh-oh…we’ve heard Marian will be Tothless :cry:

As always, remember to stop and smell the roses, because you never know when the queen will rightfully put you in your place. . . :tongue:

Ta-Tah! :ph34r::hehe:

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

• 2 weeks later...

Momma is serving up seconds and it looks like Carmel won’t need any. ..they would prefer to stay hungry.

It looks like we have a newcomer Arapahoe (CO) who has fallen into SW

It appears that Northmont is back to SO class, if you can BeLIEve that! More pressing, are they ever going to sign up for a WGI event? The Dayton Regional is dangerously close to being at capacity :ph34r:

Is Freedom really through with SW, they too are back in SO.

Also back in SO South Brunswisk is going to give us passion..of the chords? Strings? We’ll find out

Lawrence Central is all about De Profundis

Tarpon Springs is bound to give us haunted thrills and nightmares.

Etude will bring us to a world of pure imagination.

Sonnor is hanging out in the village.

Don’t stand too close to the glass Clarice…Anacora is hungry!

Les Eclipse has been counting the hours for momma’s delicious dish and it’s been a whopping 14 Days for The Cast!

And it looks like Ventures is going to try and find their magic back in IA.

It’s time for dessert..and an extra big slice of pie if you can figure out which sponsor has cut its ties with our beloved mothership. I’ll give you a hint; their respective offices are separated by about 2 miles :shutup:

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

• 2 weeks later...

More Winterguard Wikileaks are on their way. .

We’ve heard First Flight has traded in their frequent flier miles and will be hitting the street in the city this year for WGI.

After the Holiday, I am going spelunking with my friends James and Logan. I hope I get a dive light and some new carabiners for Hanukah.

Let’s just hope that Richland’s Dark Angels don’t ruin our festivus!

Also of note. . .After the new year, UD arena will be installing brand new 12’ x 22’ LCD jumbo video screens in every corner of the arena. Dayton won the first four NCAA tournament games for this year’s upcoming march madness, and updating the arena to have the video screens was part of the deal. Let’s hope WGI can take advantage of those new video boards. I would love to see some high def in the arena, and with screens in every corner it now opens up the back side of the arena for performers/fans to sit. :thumbup:

This last piece of news may have glitter holes exploding, so contain yourselves . . .But Ke$ha will be performing at the Nutter Center during WGI week. In fact, Ke$ha’s concert will be on Tuesday April 5th and WGI will start on Thursday April 7th. Plan accordingly. . or you can just follow this: Tuesday: Ke$ha, Wednesday: Centerville Preview, the rest of the week WGI! :w00t:

May all your Double Dream hands be merry and bright! :santa:

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year! :big hug: And to kick off the second decade of the new millennium, I have some more delicious dish for you. This time however, it’s a special dish for those of you in A class. I appreciate all the kind words and messages that many of you have sent…and I kept hearing the same thing: What about A class?! It’s no secret that the A class is the financial bread and butter of the activity, but treated like the red headed step child. Perhaps that’s why their registration numbers for championships keeps dwindling? That said…some of the most unique and fresh ideas from the last couple of years have been from A groups! Father Ryan 2010, anyone?!!?! :thumbup:

SA

We all know Dartmouth because of their phenomenal Drumline, let’s hope their up and coming talented guard will bring us a Requiem for a Romance

Previously announced, Walton will bring to life Gargoyles. The concept is intriguing and refreshing.

Lake Park is walking the Tightrope back to SA, best of luck to our friends in Roselle.

Dixie Heights will journey in Wonderland.

Down on the river, Castle is preparing for a Night Flight

But Jenison just wants some Serenity

Former champion Kings has ignited the blowtorch for some Tempered Steel

Harrison Central intends to illuminate, radiate and Shine

Watch for rising star James Bowie to delight with Romeo, O Romeo :flower:

There’s an Inner Game being played at Mill Creek, and we want to play too!

Despite all my rage, Springboro is still just a bird in a cage.

Cause it feels just like I’m walking on Broken Glass….right, West Bloomfield?

IA

Aria will be One to entertain.

Gainesville Independent will; much like a one night stand, Take Me Home :shutup:

Former SA champ from 2 years back: Cicero-North Syracuse has morphed into a new IA group: Northstars and will Let Go of SA in hopes of engaging audiences and judges alike in IA.

Brigadiers will float On the Wings of Angels

Cypress Independent A would like to say, Hello World!

Delazure just wants to Fit In… it’s tough being a blue hen.

Much like the stars they are, Les Eclipses A will shine brightly.

The season starts soon!! Can't wait. . .it looks like there's a lot shows revolving around the themes of light/shine and birds. I'm surprised no one is doing birdhouse in your soul...which would tie both concepts together! :w00t:

Until next time. . . :whistle: ...Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch, Who watches over you...Make a little birdhouse in your soul..

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

This is Why I love gossip... so I can fix it.... Northstars JV is in IA class not Northstars Var that won 2 years ago in SA. They had a IA guard since 2007. Northstars Var. is Still in SO, Just wanted to clear that up and OMG I cant wait till this sat!

Edited by Guardboy345

i am intrigued and pleased with blessed SAC world guard's design choice that features 8 flags acompanied by 30 weapons.....and BTW,did i mention bondage and electrical cords? :thumbup:

designer and wgi hall of famer sal salas is busy,busy,busy and i understand farenheit's "bollywood" extravaganza will showcase more than a few scantily clad performers so pass on the puri bread people! :huh2:

the super duper talented scott chandler has just finished james logan's costumes and is busy listening to soundtrack choices for the blue devils drum corps."promises,promises" we'll all know soon. :cool:

the working title "stay hungry,stay foolish" is carmel h.s. message/concept refering to the mantra of "the whole earth catalogue" as well as the significant message behind steve jobs speech to the 2005 graduating class at stanford.keith potter in charge of programming,some guy named mike gaines is staging and the indomidable rosie queen holds court. :tongue:

Edited by dugg

anticipate a total style change from avon world guard and they will no doubt make the old timers cry "tears of joy" as they serve up a big ladle of that familiar old drum corps chestnut "strawberry soup" by don ellis! :cool:

Edited by dugg
  • Like 1

anticipate a total style change from avon world guard and they will no doubt make the old timers cry "tears of joy" as they serve up a big ladle of that familiar old drum corps chestnut "strawberry soup" by don ellis! :cool:

Also bringing a tear to an old timer's eye. . .this pic taken today!

udfloor.jpg

UD pulled up the 'current' floor today (revealing the old floor) so that they could begin the installation of all the new video/LCD boards in the area (as posted earlier)...still hoping WGI will get to utilize them in April. :thumbup:

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay