Grab a bowl, It's time to dish: 2k11 Style

PrfctTimeOfDay

the 37 performers of zydeco world guard are using a high energy jazz piece from the early 70's with a great deal of tempo/meter changes.raw and fast paced staging,high speed velocity movement and motion paired with very demanding skills for all apperatus by a star studded cotiere of writers[michael townsend,j.c. caceres,sheldo apo and tommy allen].well known pageantry coturier and z teams director bryon valentine has designed villanous looking costumes that will have us all seeing red. :devil:

original artwork/floor design by scott winter. :cool:

Edited by dugg

Since Centerville announced today (on WGI's website) I guess it's safe to say that their production of Carousel looks to explore a time when we were all filled with the wonder and excitement that comes along with the innocence of being a child. Centerville has always managed to do these types of show really well...silent era in 03, make someone happy in '04...i'm excited to see what they do with this one.

Here's my take:

cville3.jpg

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Marian Catholic will plow ahead with their show 'Siren'

oy gevalt,i'm still sitting shiva from last years program! :w00t:

trend spotting "faster pussycat overkill,overkill" :rolleyes: :the three speeds of winter guard are now fast,faster and fastest! :thumbdown:

Edited by dugg

What happens when you lose Your Voice? Your Autonomy? Your Freewill?

Zydeco Open’s 2011 show “And What Followed...” will be an introspective passage into the emotional complexities that can augment one into a zombie like state of existence. Taking on both literal and abstract qualities of being a zombie, the show will feature 28 talented members who will present a fresh stylistic change for the Zydeco family. The show will be a fun and unique departure for both members and audiences alike. Based on past shows, the creative team of Patricia Simmons, Eric Jones and Byron Valentine will once again give us a high-brow performance that will be equally evocative and entertaining!

ZydecO11show.jpg

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Any news on IO? Other then Zydeco, which I'm ruuuuul excited for

Spectrum Winterguard is from Binghamton, NY and will be competing in the Independent Open class.

The 2011 program is entitled "Mad About You" and includes musical selections from the Belgium rock group Hooverphonic.

The Creative Director is David Bowen.

Design staff includes: Tanya Thomas, Jessica Czachowski, Tyler Stables, David Bowen, Travis St. Denny, Mikey Perkins and Chris & Beth Calhoun.

Consultants include: Chris Caraccillo and David Metzger.

2 more groups have officially announced. Onyx World Performing: 'Abandonment to Impulse' and Bellbrook HS: 'Mysterium Avis'

As always...I have created graphics based on just the show title...it's not in anyway affiliated with any program, just a fun hobby and past profession.

Enjoy:

Onyx World: Abandonment to Impulse

onyx3-1.jpg

Bellbrook HS: Mysterium Avis

bbg12.jpg

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

A few additional SW nuggets

Flanagan will explore the six degrees of Kevin Bacon Separation.

Expect big things from Norwin, and don't expect to be forgiven! :tongue:

Marian Catholic will plow ahead with their show 'Siren'

Hello darkness, my old friend,

I've come to talk with you again...

within the sound of . . . . Miamisburg!?!? :w00t::shutup:

any more info on SW guards? especially burg!

any more info on SW guards? especially burg!

I'm not sure what their show is, but those who have seen Trumbull say they are absolutely "beautiful!"