RIP Rich Skare

I did not know Rich personally but enjoyed his posts immensely. Thoughts and prayers to family and friends. RIP.

Edited by AlanAndreasen

Sigh.

RIP Rich, a man too good to be stomped.

I got to have a cold one with Rich in 2005 in Scranton after the mini corps competition. He was a great competitor and a great guy! All of us at Mass Brass enjoyed listening to him rock the contra in any corps he was in.

On behalf of Mass Brass, our deepest condolences to his family and friends!!!

We STOMP HIM!!!

RIP Rich...

The drum corps universe grew a person smaller yesterday as Rich Skare, alum of SCV, BD, Renegades & Frontier, passed away.

Rich didn't revolutionize the activity, didn't set new standards for a particular section, or wasn't even a legend (for most of y'all here, at-least).

Rich was, however, someone I believe was somewhat of a poster child for the drum corps life: he played his instrument good n loud, had a great time doing it, insisted that everyone else do the same, and had the kind of infectious attitude that just made you want to be around him. He gave drum corps everything he had...and didn't regret it for a second.

I marched with Rich in the SCV Tournament of Roses Parade corps in 2004. I consider myself fortunate that we were able to meet and begin a friendship (yeah, it was occasional chatting on Facebook, but we always had a blast).

So, I just want to say to Rich...you left us before we wanted you to. You're going to be missed, but not forgotten. Please say hi to G.R. for all of us Vanguard alumni...and, most importantly, rest in peace.

May You Never Walk Alone...May Your Sound Always Be Heard.

As always, well said, Marc!

As I've said before, the eternal drum corps just got 7x's louder and a lot more fun!