DCI Tournament of Champions Format

my hunch is, they think because it's the top acts, people will show up.

this depsite having 3 of the top guns in Allentown in June, maybe 1500 paid showed up, at ticket prices up to $53 a seat with assorted perks

Back in 72 when this all started at least when a corps made finals ( TOP 12 ) they were considered a DCI elite corps and treated as such. Now it seems making finals doesn't mean a thing unless your in the top 8.... Whats next, finals being cut to 6 and 6 more corps can be pushed to the curb and left to die ??????

• Like 1

The corps will receive more compensation than typical to assist in covering the extensive deadhead travel necessary in order to bring them all together in the early portion of the season, and also to assist those from the Midwest and the East traveling to the West.

Preface this by stating that I am still on my kick about moving the August 7 show from Annapolis to Piscataway.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if three nights of competition are only 1 hour apart, where is the "dead-head" travel? Allentown, PA is only a little over an hour from Piscataway, NJ. All of the G8 corps' will clearly be staying at the same location from August 5-7 if not longer before they head to finals week. The corps that will be doing the "dead-head" traveling will be the non-G8 corps'. Added to this is the fact that this will be a hometown weekend for the Cadets.

Taking care of their own sounds like the name of the game here.

while that's a great theory, explain the Texas shows?

• 3 weeks later...

while that's a great theory, explain the Texas shows?

I have no information to back up this possible explanation, but here is something I thought of: it is possible that because TX schools finish using their facilities in the first week of June that some of the ToC corps might actually go down early and spend a week or so in one location - if it's financially useful for them to do so, of course. It's also a decent way to get in a "real" show or two before your regularly scheduled first competitive outing.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over and expecting different results... Einstein

The definition of gullibility is following the same people over & over and expecting different results... Einstein Corollary

Regarding TOC, I don't consider myself insane nor gullible.

• Like 1

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over and expecting different results... Einstein

The definition of gullibility is following the same people over & over and expecting different results... Einstein Corollary

Regarding TOC, I don't consider myself insane nor gullible.

well put