Incentives for corps experience

FTNK

At first glance I thought it meant "Prior Cadets corps experience" as an incentive to retain existing members. Then I saw it was prior experience with auditioning and pretty much ANYONE.

Hmmm. Do they really NEED to offer $$$ discounts for kids to come by and try out? I would have thought Cadets auditions would be jam packed and overloaded.

Edited by GGarrett

At first glance I thought it meant "Prior Cadets corps experience" as an incentive to retain existing members. Then I saw it was prior experience with auditioning and pretty much ANYONE.

Hmmm. Do they really NEED to offer $$$ discounts for kids to come by and try out? I would have thought Cadets auditions would be jam packed and overloaded.

Its like a black Friday special, the more folks they get in the door the more the revenue. Not sure if actual qualified auditionees who might make the corps has much to do with it.

raise the price for everyone, then reduce it for some = you make more money and people feel like they are getting a deal.

that said, I don't know how much a $25 discount will do to recruit people into an activity that is going to cost them $3000 (or even twice that).

Edited by soccerguy315

raise the price for everyone, then reduce it for some = you make more money and people feel like they are getting a deal.

that said, I don't know how much a $25 discount will do to recruit people into an activity that is going to cost them $3000 (or even twice that).

That's true. But I don't really see this as a cold hearted attempt to get more revenue. Yes, its to get more revenue but not a melicious or back handed way.

What this does intice are people who auditioned for another corps and thought that wouldn't be able to audition for a different second corps if they wanted.

If a less competitive corps were to use this tactic only reduce audition/tour fees by a MUCH more substantial amount, do you think it would have an impact on recruiting in a competitive positive way?

I would say this is a move to mine talent from other corps but it's $25. To me, that just seems like a nice gesture and shows a motivation to seek out experienced individuals, a positive move on the Cadets' part.

That's true. But I don't really see this as a cold hearted attempt to get more revenue. Yes, its to get more revenue but not a melicious or back handed way.

What this does intice are people who auditioned for another corps and thought that wouldn't be able to audition for a different second corps if they wanted.

oh, I agree that it is not cold hearted or back handed.

i understand the incentive. I wonder tho....is turnout low, especially for a corps that claimed 91 rookies?