Carolina Gold Open House - Celebrating 10 years!

Come out and help Carolina Gold Celebrate 10 years of "Feeling the Rush" in 2011!

Carolina Gold announces its Open House scheduled for December 18, 2010 at the Gateway University Research Park in Browns Summit, NC (just north of Greensboro). Be ready for a full day of activities starting at 830am and going until 930pm. The Open house fee is $35. Lunch and dinner will be provided. Over night accommodations will also be available.

Please click this link for more information on the sign up process and what to bring in order to get the most out of your experience.

Join us for a year long party at we look to build on our 2010 High Percussion Award and our Class A 3rd place finish. Our 2010 leadership team returns with some exciting new additions as well!

Don't miss this "Gold"-en :thumbup: opportunity. See you there!

:thumbup:

has it been a decade already! Man, I'm getting old!

Feel the RUSH!

Come out and help Carolina Gold Celebrate 10 years of "Feeling the Rush" in 2011!

Carolina Gold announces its Open House scheduled for December 18, 2010 at the Gateway University Research Park in Browns Summit, NC (just north of Greensboro). Be ready for a full day of activities starting at 830am and going until 930pm. The Open house fee is $35. Lunch and dinner will be provided. Over night accommodations will also be available.

Please click this link for more information on the sign up process and what to bring in order to get the most out of your experience.

Join us for a year long party at we look to build on our 2010 High Percussion Award and our Class A 3rd place finish. Our 2010 leadership team returns with some exciting new additions as well!

Don't miss this "Gold"-en :thumbup: opportunity. See you there!

Wow Ten years all ready... Have a great season Gold..

Good Luck Gold!

I can't believe how fast the date is approaching. Will there be a show announcement at the Open House?

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement! With just one week to go, the anticipation and excitement of starting our 10th season is boiling over!

As for that show announcement…stay tuned!

Best of luck this weekend! I was speaking to a staff member who was very excited about this Open House/Audition. Take plenty of pictures!!!

Dwayne

(baba buey)

Granted, I haven't marched in 20 years, but is it now customary to charge money for an 'Open House'? I don't get it. Why would an all-ages corps limit themselves by making an interested potential member pay to learn about the corps? And auditions for an all-ages corps? When did this start?

Granted, I haven't marched in 20 years, but is it now customary to charge money for an 'Open House'? I don't get it. Why would an all-ages corps limit themselves by making an interested potential member pay to learn about the corps? And auditions for an all-ages corps? When did this start?

Hi Dreu,

You will find that a lot of corps now charge for Open House. For us, it's simply a way to help offset the administrative costs it takes to run the event. If prospective members stay on with us, money paid goes towards their dues.

We use "auditions" as a way to help place people on parts, particularly in the horn line. For percussion and guard, it is more like a true audition. Auditions also provide a way for members to really take ownership of their spot. There's a bigger sense of pride when members know they had to "work" for it. I do want to emphasize that no one is ever cut from the corps. We find a place for anyone who really wants to be there. As you know, opportunity lies around every corner.