Cadets 2011

Yes, please!!! I second this question! I want to know what's going on!

From what I understand, they aren't going to be revealed until their kick-off weekend.

I have already forgiven the judges for their mistake. :satisfied:

I think you're forgiving the wrong people.

From what I understand, they aren't going to be revealed until their kick-off weekend.

::sigh:: I hate hype. It's just a uniform, why can't we know?

Then again, I guess they wouldn't be withholding information if they didn't know we were so eager to have it....

• Like 1

the ending in April is never the ending in August. hell in 89, the ending the last week of July wasn't the end the next week....and that ending wasn't the ending the following week :tongue:

The year of a thousand endings :tongue:

Ok, not quite a thousand, but there were weeks it felt that way :satisfied:

Edited by CuriousMe

Well if it makes you any happy....we had like 4 endings in the entire 2009 show.

::sigh:: I hate hype. It's just a uniform, why can't we know?

Then again, I guess they wouldn't be withholding information if they didn't know we were so eager to have it....

Actually, unveiling May 19th. Just visit their website around 7pm that day and click the banner. :)

• Like 1

Well if it makes you any happy....we had like 4 endings in the entire 2009 show.

Wait, wasn't that Carolina Crown's show? tongue.gif

I went back a few hours ago and dug up some old programs. if you lump all the shows at Arrowhead as one, I saw the cadets 7 times that year....with 6 endings.

and endings 2 and 3 were back to back days in early July :tongue:

• Like 1

the ending in April is never the ending in August. hell in 89, the ending the last week of July wasn't the end the next week....and that ending wasn't the ending the following week :tongue:

LOL. I remember George and Sully asking the Corps collectively one nite, "how do you guys feel", regarding the fact that we didn't have an ending, or we still had the crazy peace sign soft ending. I mean how are you supposed to answer that? Funny thing is, the FINALS nite ending, was a Zingali/Sullie/Hopkins GARFIELD ending, and I would not change a thing. Fast pace in your face, drill, color guard and music..all while completing 2 step pass thru's. Outside of not hitting every single corner of the field in drill, that show was AMAZING and still quite underrated.

I am more interested how they will tackle the Split Corps reality, that, IMO somewhat killed us in '89. Seriously, we were still explaining to people what was being interpreted on the field from the on stage version at Finals. Listen closely to the Tape/DVD and you hear someone yell "NICE FEET" in reference to the fact that we had two completely different corps and tempos on the field. If I ever meet that guy, he and I are going to have words. A & D is shaping up to be an amazing show, I just hope that the Cadets take a page from SCV 99 the Canyon, less is more and let the body of work speak for itself. NO Gimmicks.

Edited by Eric M. Buckman
  • Like 1