Cadets 2011

The season is now officially in full-swing as we are now critiquing thread bumps !! w00t.gif

I was thinking the same thing.

I just bought my VIP tickets for the giants stadium show. :smile:

The season is now officially in full-swing as we are now critiquing thread bumps !! w00t.gif

When I click into a thread I'm looking to be entertained. These posters who think nothing of the audience and just vanity-post as a hobby all summer to stroke their own ego before going back to their real job in the fall are destroying DCP. The signal to noise balance is totally hosed since the addition of electronics to DCP. If posters don't start connecting with their audience, they'll soon find threads shutting down left and right as commenters move on to video games and pay-per-view boxing.

Just sayin'. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Time to resurrect this thread. It's kinda bothering me a little that some people are saying Cadets' show this year is too demanding to be cleaned by finals. Do we remember what corps this is? This is the Cadets. They're good at cleaning and have had MUCH harder shows that were clean by finals. Let's finish out the season first before we call it a year.

• Like 1

I cant believe that I am saying this (given my vitriol against the Cadets the last 10 years) but I want this show to win. It has all the parts and I know they can clean this thing by Allentown and definitely by Indy. If the cadets made a shirt in fat guy size, I'd get one when in Indy, to show my support at finals.

I am buying something in maroon for finals night...GO CADETS.

I cant believe that I am saying this (given my vitriol against the Cadets the last 10 years) but I want this show to win. It has all the parts and I know they can clean this thing by Allentown and definitely by Indy. If the cadets made a shirt in fat guy size, I'd get one when in Indy, to show my support at finals.

I am buying something in maroon for finals night...GO CADETS.

The Cadets have some shirts in 2x, 3x, 4x and 5x.smile.gif

Time to resurrect this thread. It's kinda bothering me a little that some people are saying Cadets' show this year is too demanding to be cleaned by finals. Do we remember what corps this is? This is the Cadets. They're good at cleaning and have had MUCH harder shows that were clean by finals. Let's finish out the season first before we call it a year.

I do feel like there was a huge letdown on DCP after BD won Atlanta by such a margin. But I think the Cadets have the show to win it this year and I think they are going to pull it out. There's still eight more performances and six matchups with BD before finals.

GO CADETS!!!

Yeah, I think BD's big win in Atlanta took some air out of things.

But, this Cadets corps is in its best position since 2005 to win. It has great crowd support. It hasn't been plagued by big fumbles at random shows -- how many times has George said this year "This is our best performance here in years! Ever!"? They've beaten everyone multiple times. They have been KILLING the GE captions. There haven't been massive rewrites, and I don't think much watering down, either.

Anyway, I'm still optimistic about this!

Yeah, I think BD's big win in Atlanta took some air out of things.

But, this Cadets corps is in its best position since 2005 to win. It has great crowd support. It hasn't been plagued by big fumbles at random shows -- how many times has George said this year "This is our best performance here in years! Ever!"? They've beaten everyone multiple times. They have been KILLING the GE captions. There haven't been massive rewrites, and I don't think much watering down, either.

Anyway, I'm still optimistic about this!

So am I. I have faith they'll pull it out...

...and if they don't, this will still be one of my favorite Cadets' shows in a LONG time.

• Like 1

As much as Atlanta bummed me out, I do have to say that it is sooooooo refreshing to see them be loved once again. I'm obvious hoping for a win in Indy, but either way, this year's show has been a drum corps treat I hope Hopkins continues to put on the field.