DCJ 18th All Japan Championships

Jupp

I thought Ajinomoto Stadium was a good place. Stupid how you still cannot warm up outside the stadium. Nissan Stadium isn't exactly in the middle of a residential neighborhood.

Do the Scouts still field a large corps? I sometimes think such large groups (Aimachi, Soka, Shonandai) are too big for performance area. Taking a few members away would really open them up to more drill opportunities. I am sure they had a great ballad. They always do. Their drumline is also #### clean. I thought they should have won drums last year. Inspires must have done well to beat them, and prevent the caption sweep.

I don't think I could be happier about Sonic's progression. I want to see them keep getting better. Of course it must be mentioned that while Sonic got better Cherry Blossoms disappeared. I guess I will have to wait until February when the DVDs are released.

There is a lot of park space quite far from residential areas where warming up could have taken place. But one of Sonic's members was telling me that due to the large number of foot traffic in the area (joggers), it was advised not to do any playing outside the stadium.

My beef with Akinomoto was that it was too echoey. Though the setup was the same at Nissan Stadium (using a far side of the stadium), the stadium's structure has a more open feel... more room for sound to travel. What really sucked though was none of the food stands were open.

• 4 weeks later...

Some pics from DCJ.

Jokers

2010_DCJ_12.jpg

Scouts. Their drumline just keeps getting bigger.

2010_DCJ_13.jpg

Inspires. Their show is on the Facebook page of the asst. Drum Major. I do not know if it is available to all.

opening set

2010_DCJ_2.jpg

end of drum solo

2010_DCJ_3.jpg

final set

2010_DCJ_10.jpg