Dan Moloney

I just recieved word that Dan died Dec. 9. Dan suffered a stroke shortly after DCAs and had been diagnosed with inoperable liver & pancreatic cancer.

Dan was a member of De La Salle Oaklands, I believe one of the original members when the band switched to being a drum corps in 1958.

Dan was also a member of the Bridgemen Alumni and an early and continuing supporter of CADRE's competition ensemble.

He was also a prety good internet friend and member of DCP.

Regards,

John

PS. Totally forgot to mention Dan was in Scout House.

Edited by sarnia sam

I just recieved word that Dan died Dec. 9. Dan suffered a stroke shortly after DCAs and had been diagnosed with inoperable liver & pancreatic cancer.

Dan was a member of De La Salle Oaklands, I believe one of the original members when the band switched to being a drum corps in 1958.

Dan was also a member of the Bridgemen Alumni and an early and continuing supporter of CADRE's competition ensemble.

He was also a prety good internet friend and member of DCP.

Regards,

John

I only knew Dan for one year (last year) while performing with the Bridgemen but he most certainly left a lasting impression.

To you Dan, HYPE!!! It's a Bridgemen thing.

I had the honor to march with Dan the last 6 years with The Bridgemen. He was a role model when it came to dedication, commitment and hard work. The Bridgemen family has lost a well loved brother and our hearts ache.

To the Moloney family, thank you so much for sharing your Father, Grandfather and husband with us. We are all better people for having crossed Dan's path. To our friends from Scout House, we know that your hearts are heavy also.

Our prayers are with the Moloney family at this time. We lost a great man. Sincerely,John Richard

The Bridgemen & the entire Drum Corps Community has lost one of the finest most dedicated members I have ever had the privilege to know.

Dan was an inspiration to young & old, rookie or veteran of drum corps.

He was so proud to be a Bridgemen as the Bridgemen was so proud he was.

He followed a snow plow from Canada during a blizzard just to make a Bridgemen Camp!

If it was a show, camp, parade or a rehearsal on a black top in the middle of July, Dan was there with a smile, story & complete dedication void of any negativity!

I once saw Dan polishing his horn just prior to a drill rehearsal, I asked him if he always does that, he said "Yes, but just so far, so I don't look like a rookie!"

The man never had a bad word for anybody or anything!

A Historian, Participant & Fan of Drum Corps Extraordinaire!

Dan, you will be missed to say the least!

May the HYPE be with you as you rest in peace & as you always said, "HYPE.....it's a Bridgemen thing.

[

Edited by royal-air canada

I met Dan while we were both marching members of the Toronto 2nd Signals Drum Corps. He marched a number of seasons with the "Sigs" before he went over to Preston Scout House Alumni to march and then later on to the Bridgmen Alumni. He was a great friend and always inquiring with me into how things were going with the Chicago Royal-Airs Alumni when I marched with them. When I moved to California and became a member of the Anaheim Kingsmen Alumni (KAC) Dan e-mailed back and forth with me again to ask how things were going with the kingsmen. Whenever I ran into him at the DCA Alumni Spectacular shows he was always so upbeat and in such good spirits and never seemed to speak ill of any other corps. Dan always treasured his associations and the comraderie with the fellow members in the various drum corps that he was a member of and he will be remembered and missed. R.I.P. Dan, fellow marching member, old time drum corps supporter, and always a good friend.

Edited by royal-air canada

+ + +

I too was fortunate enough to have been able to march with Dan at Bayonne. A truly kind and great guy, whose smile will be missed in at least 2 countries. RIP Dan, and my thoughts go out to his blood and drum corps families.