Finals Review via the Finals DVDs

Probably would have been neat to have a third player with Gordo and Drew. Maybe some one a little more mature, to keep those to characters in line. They do play well and that segment was fun.

Edited by Rap48

Probably would have been neat to have a third player with Gordo and Drew. Maybe some one a little more mature, to keep those to characters in line. They do play well and that segment was fun.

:ph34r:

Mr. P. -

Are you suggesting our friend Mr.Ponzo should have been the third???? :worthy:

I'm sure everybody would have gotten a charge out of that! :thumbup:

Probably would have given them higher GE scores.. :whistle:

Are you listening in 'Mecca'?????

Pat

At my age please don't refer to me as Mr P> Someday you'll understand, :)

Yes... that was during the "Louder, Fascist, Higher" era of drum corps. :tongue:

Boooo.:tongue:

:ph34r:

Mr. P. -

Are you suggesting our friend Mr.Ponzo should have been the third???? :worthy:

I'm sure everybody would have gotten a charge out of that! :thumbup:

Probably would have given them higher GE scores.. :whistle:

Are you listening in 'Mecca'?????

Pat

Yeah....people are listening in Mecca....

And there IS a surprise in store for 2011!!!!

In the two weeks or so since I got my DVDs (Finals, Alumni, Mini) , I had a chance to see MANY of corps ONCE, SOME a FEW times, and a FEW (as usual for me) EVERY DAY. My comments:

Finals: Empire and Cabs I would pay to watch every weekend of the calendar year (and even on a Wednesday morning, for that matter).

Alumni: Cabs keep stepping closer to Open Class Field corps.... Bridgemen, Park City Pride, Mighty St. Joe's, Scout House GREAT ! All others continue to reflect what I love about DCA.

Mini: Really enjoyed and liked most....no wasted time.....each corps on....three great selections or so.....and off...... LOVED Mass Brass, Ghost, Golden Eagles....... pleasant surprise Freelancers (very controlled, yet all-out)....... Sky still excites me. Star United probably just an average corps on their home planet in a much more talented universe......They could take top five in ANY competitive division. (probably even bowling, soccer, tennis, and rugby...they're just THAT good!)

As the winter sets in (blizzard coming east later today), I'll get to see more of the others and as I get familiar with their shows, I'll be calling every mini, alumni, class A and Open corps my favorite, just as I do every year....it just takes time...especially with unfamiliar music.

Say what you want, Fran, el duce had those trains goose-stepping right on schedule.....albeit towards the end they were mostly running in reverse.

Joe in NJ (five miles from Post 199)

Say what you want, Fran, el duce had those trains goose-stepping right on schedule.....albeit towards the end they were mostly running in reverse.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Star United probably just an average corps on their home planet in a much more talented universe......They could take top five in ANY competitive division. (probably even bowling, soccer, tennis, and rugby...they're just THAT good!)

Joe in NJ (five miles from Post 199)

Nah, not Rugby.