DCPI-15 Discussion Thread

Galen

Guess what folks- it's a SHOW DAY!!! Today is the kick-off day for the 15th season of DCPI, and it's sure to be a heck of a year! Hype up your corps, make predictions, talk smack about other corps- basically do what people do on DCP all the time, except this time the corps are all made up. :cool:

As always, I'll be providing previews of each day's events, starting with today's kick-off events in Asheville NC, Green Bay WI, Gettysburg PA and San Diego CA.

Asheville's event will take place "just a few yards down the street" at Waynesville's Weatherby Stadium. This site served as a show site last season and was well-received enough to earn a return visit:

AshevilleNCWeatherbyStadium6000.jpg

San Diego's show will take place at Carlsbad HS in the city's northern suburbs:

SanDiegoCACarlsbadHS3000.jpg

Midwest corps start the season being hosted by the Crimson Lions at St. Norbert College in Green Bay:

GreenBayWISchneiderStadium4000-1.jpg

And finally, a large turnout is expected for the Gettysburg Yankee Rebels' home show at Musselman Field on the campus of Gettysburg College tonight. It's very good to see a larger than usual turnout for the east coast events this season:

GettysburgPAMussellmanStadium4000.jpg

Let the games begin!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Corps of Unspecified Identity steps off tonight in Green Bay, while Dude, Where's My Corps? opens on the west tour as they usually do. The City Council is staying home until after the holidays, starting their tour on January 4. We're looking forward to seeing how things go tonight, as there are a lot of great new corps for us to beat.

I'd love to be able to say we're going to kick everyone's butt this season, but all three corps have had a rough start to this season and who knows where we'll wind up. Regrouping after taking a season off is always a challenge for any organization.

Good luck to everyone tonight and we'll see you in the lot.

Inferno and Blaze will begin their tours in Asheville, and Flame will join them when they swing back through Georgia. Inferno will be taking part in the Asian tour, while Blaze and Flame remain in the U.S. as long as possible, winding up to the Northwest before flying to Japan. We're very anxious to see where we stand after being inactive for so long. The layoff means that most of our MM's are rookies, and most of the corps vets are marching their first season with our organization. They're all pumped to launch SFMO's return, so I'll ride their wave of optimism. We'll see very soon if our long hours with largely inexperienced marchers will convert to high scores!

Tyler C. (formerly aNiMaL)

Woohooo! The Crimson Lions are proud to host one of the four opening day shows, and with DCP-I's mystical weather device, it is sure to be a spectacular night for all 19 corps at this event. Yes, 19! The grounds have thawed, the stands are warm, and the night is crystal clear. Our official Chief Oshkosh Travelling BBQ and Kegger Trailer is already fired-up and ready to serve the masses in the after-show parking lot party.

Enjoy this premier evening of Season XV and let the sights and sounds of your corps ring loud and true!

This also gives me a good reason to plug my posters in play again. hehe!

dcpixvcovers2.jpg

Scores are up!

Modest start to our return, with our B corps finishing less than a point behind our A corps. Inferno has some intense rehearsal ahead, with some visual rewrites likely. Blaze won Music, which is a pleasant surprise. Maybe Blaze can light a fire (pun certainly intended) under Inferno. None of us would like to be able to say that our B corps beat the A group.

The curtain came up on Caprice's season in a very positive way. I was very impressed with the sound of the hornline at their first show and many of the programming elements seem to be clicking early on. Visual technique will, as always, be the early thing to focus on during the first part of the season.

NOVA had a less than stellar first show. They've got a very demanding visual program that they're presenting that definitely goes against the grain of what's typical for drum corps shows. No doubt it will take the judges some time to get used to our new way of presenting a program.

And finally, the lads from across the pond had an auspicious start to their season in Asheville. They ran away with both the GE and Music captions, but the low vis scores suggests that their feet still haven't fully recovered from the jet lag. Hopefully they'll sort themselves out after a couple more shows.

The Lakers and Lights open in Green Bay tonight. Looking forward to another great season.

In its fist ever show in Green Bay, Red Storm finished in 1ST PLACE in Green Bay last night, behind a strong visual and musical program. The corps currently is getting some much needed shuteye at their housing site in East Troy, WI, and in just a few hours, they'll be back at it, preparing for their show in Whitewater.

Congratulations to all for a magnificent performance, with well earned victorys going to Polaris Regiment, Los Osos & Red Storm.

I've no clue if anyone still marches an honor guard or parades, but we made champion flags for your units.

"Hell yeah, we still do parades", said Kurt Zvick of the Barnstormers. "Ya know how many bars we hit along them routes? hehe!".

battlebayflags.jpg

We've got a lot of work ahead of us with all three corps, but remember that the Crimson Lions started off slow last season and still marched their way into the finals.