DCPI-15 Discussion Thread

Galen

You sure you didn't post last year's scores by mistake? Because the same thing happened to us last season. :wink:

Oh well, congrats to the new champs. :thumbup:

And in the long run, I made finals with all of my corps and Shannon missed with all of his. :cool:

Brag all you want... I stopped caring about this season back in January and haven't did a caption change since Regional championships.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just goes to show you: just because you have a great caption set ain't no guarantee.

For the record: I found ELEVEN caption sets at 96.0 or higher. The World Class champion did not have any of those sets.

The off-season is no longer just a race to compile the best spreadsheet. Hopefully this fact will pull more players into Season XVII.

It does offer up some interesting possibilities - off-season is no longer the lock previously believed, hehe!

When you first wrote about the 96.1 sets, I went back and recalculated mine. I tried looking deeper into my choices and realized I was already pretty well locked in, the best I could get was 95.9. Somehow, somewhere inside the program it found enough for me to score well enough - just shy of winning it all. I was mighty surprised.

Hopefully this new knowledge will bring more in - it sure was an exciting season for me.

Not bad... 10/7/20 and it was on start-of-the-season captions.

I'm kind of with CloudHype in that I don't have much time for the effort required in this game anymore. I've been doing ok at FMA but even there I'm pretty much just a fund raising operation until I have the time to get serious.

Thank you Jeff for your years of service as director.

Hopefully I'll have some more time to be a little more active here in the future.

Chris

Now that the season's over, I'm going to close this thread. The forum will, of course, remain open for normal discussion.

One of the things I anticipate doing is reorganizing this forum with different sub-forums (fora?) for various postings, such as season discussion, show announcements, a "DCPI Marketplace" for directors who want to advertise their designing services, etc. That will hopefully happen later this spring.

Meanwhile, look for a nice piece of news about next season sometime next week. And Fanfare/CLASS directors, check your emails in the next week as well about an "off-off-season" project that I'd like to involve your corps in which, if it turns out well, could see some spiffy new things incorporated into next season and beyond.