DCPI-15 Discussion Thread

Galen

Well, it happened. Blaze (Open) scored higher than Inferno (World). We're going to be looking into a risky mid-season visual overhaul for Inferno. Expect dramatic differences in the drill by our home show.

In other news, for the first time, the SFMO is traveling to Rome, GA, to perform on a field I've competed on (I say "competed" because I've played a bowl game halftime show in the Alamodome, and I've used my high school as a home show here before).

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Knights are having THE TOUGHEST start to any season in history for them. Back in 22nd currently. The corps that never gives up was reminded by corps Director Gary Currier that in many of their BEST seasons, including one championship, it can start off tough. "We have difficult shows that take some time to clean to really connect to judges and audience alike. No fear this show WILL take off! The Butterfly Lovers is NOT child-splay!" A few changes and tightening of the show may help in coming shows. If not the corps may get caught by Division II sister corps Les Blan Chevalier. News that the corps would be taking several members from FMA sister world class corps Nemesis was also a bit of a shock as Nemesis is going for a Threepete. Currier responded that no one should make ANY mistake that the Knights ARE the pinnacle group in Knight Org and their success is always goal NUMBER ONE

Wow disappointment in the WCAMA organization. After the show on the 20th OLV fell five points overall and dropped from 1st to 24th. "Next time we start with success we can't let it get to our heads. Now we have to fight our way back to the top. Don't dwell on tonight. Put it behind us and let's throw down the show in Bakersfield the same way we did in Anaheim."

Hello all. Haven't been that active on here recently because of real life getting in the way. Hopefully I'll be able to participate on the boards more in the new year.

Got my spreadsheet all figured out (of course, I'm constantly searching for new, better combos) and have 7 season-end captions locked in for all three corps. Now just to adjust that final caption with the point increases. We'll see how I end up. :thumbup:

3 events today:

Minnesota hosts a follow-up event to last night's show in St. Peter, this one at Eden Prairie's high school stadium.

EdenPrairieMNAerieStadium3000-1.jpg

Arlington VA's Wakefield HS hosts a DCPI event after hosting a DCI clinic earlier in the year.

ArlingtonVAWakefieldHS3000.jpg

Bakersfield's Liberty HS hosts one of the smaller events of the west coast tour:

BakersfieldCALibertyHS2500.jpg

From the desk of FlyingBabies! Entertainment:

Season XV, week 1.

Well now, our Adventures in Music program has indeed been an adventure so far and appears to have the makings of what could be an epic. Having completed only three shows so far, we have plenty of room yet to write some exciting chapters. What we do know so far though...

The Crimson Lions started slow last season, and it seems we're doing that again. I'm confidant it will come together but, currently they look as lost as the chord they quest for (CL: The Lost Chord). :tongue:

The Oostburg Barnstormers sputtered badly in their first two outings, barely making it out of the hanger only to stall while still on the tarmac. Rebuilding the engine was being considered, when suddenly they caught fire and rocketed into flight with an almost 6 full points surge! Jumping ahead in all catagories had us all at FB!E pumping fists. Let's hope they stay airbourne, hehe!

The Privateers... Now this is an extremely talented group putting together a mighty difficult show, I really didn't know what to expect from them. They held up rather well in their first two shows, impressing both this organization any many in the stands.

Unforunately, a major setback occured during show #3 - our Ghost Ship failed to appear - ratings and placement plummeted. We're sure to get it fixed but, up until then, the talisman worked every time. Better luck tonight!

And so, the Adventures in Music continues the journey - on to week 2!

Following a strong 2nd place showing in St. Peter the previous night, Red Storm followed up with its fourth victory of the season in Eden Prairie last night! A large contingent of parents and supporters made the trip down I-94 from St. Cloud, making Eden Prairie Stadium into an effective second home show for the corps, as they brought the sights and sounds of 1944 Normandy to Minnesota! After performing at a clinic at Eden Prairie High School, the corps is currently enroute to their housing and rehearsal site in East Troy, Wisconsin, in preparation for their next performance in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin!

Edited by scsudrummer

Travel delayed today's daily digest, so here's a double dose for christmas eve:

We are still awaiting scores from Thursday's events in Oxford AL and Princeton WV. The WV show was staged at the spacious Hunnicut Stadium while the Oxford show took place at Oxford HS's stadium:

PrincetonWVHunnicutStadium6000.jpg

OxfordALOxfordHS4000-1.jpg

Meanwhile there are two events today before the most wonderful day of the year. Clovis CA's Buchanan HS is once again the site of west coast competition and the Great Lakers organization hold their home show at Badger HS in Lake Geneva WI:

ClovisCABuchananHS9000.jpg

LakeGenevaWIBadgerHS3000-1.jpg

Merry Christmas, DCPI'ers! Since there's no chance I'll get to post the daily once the sun comes up, here's today's list of events:

Midwest corps descend upon Toyota Park on the southwest side of Chicago. Hopefully the home of the "Fire" will be a warm environment for the competing corps:

ChicagoILToyotaParkStadium20000.jpg

Huntsville AL's Crewes Stadium hosts Enigma's homeshow down in the deep south. Between the deep bowl and the roughly two miles of distance between the field and the sidelines, it'll be a christmas miracle if anybody in the stands can even hear a note the corps are playing at this venue.

HuntsvilleALLouisCrewesStadium22000-1.jpg

Stockton CA's Stagg Bowl hosts a very merry edition of the Moonlight Classic, DCPI style.

StocktonCAStaggStadium22000-1.jpg

And finally, the recently re-turfed sports complex in Virginia Beach VA will provide corps with some southern comfort- and possibly the best audience views of the weekend:

HamptonRoadsVAVirginiaBeachSportsplex10000.jpg

Red Storm notched their fifth victory of their inaugural season last night in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin! The corps again brought a very strong music and visual product to the field, as they currently occupy fifth place in Class A, going into a big show in the Windy City today! The corps woke up early this morning in their housing site in Oak Lawn, Illinois, and celebrated Christmas, opening presents from their parents and the corps staff. Now, they are hard at work, perfecting their show and preparing to show Chicagoans how to throw down a great show, Minnesota-style.

From Red Storm and all of its members, staff and supporters, to all competing corps, their supporters, and to everyone around the world,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!