Rivals

I noticed some of this rivalry stuff at the Brideport show, I think the corps who I won't name as I'll probably get it wrong showed their "emotions" as we were warming up. But in the end of the day they didn't know us and no harm was taken.

Many that I know of...

Tom mentioned Cru and Phoenix, but truthfully none of the younger guys really knew what that was about, and werent in the corps for that reason.

Sunrisers and Bushwackers in the 80's...

Cabs and Empire for a long time starting in the late eighties. I saw Vince and Cos nose to nose a few times, as well as Frank Gerris and Vince.

Empire and Bushwackers early to mid 90's...friendly but competitive.

Brigs and Empire... late 90's.

Donny

I noticed some of this rivalry stuff at the Brideport show, I think the corps who I won't name as I'll probably get it wrong showed their "emotions" as we were warming up. But in the end of the day they didn't know us and no harm was taken.

Yeah, I was at that show and it was petty bullsh**. And I still, to this day, don't see how they beat you at that show. As far as entertainment value I enjoyed your show MUCH better then theirs.

I still can't find it within myself to ever think of marching with the Cabs Alumni Corps and I have been asked on any number of occasions to do so.

It's about the only corps left that you and Charlie V. haven't marched with...

Sunrisers/Bushwackers - biggest rivalry i've ever witnessed.

When we came in 4th and Bush came in 5th @ 97 DCAs, our horn caption head made it a point to watch as they trooped us as they exited the field.

When we came in 4th and Bush came in 5th @ 97 DCAs, our horn caption head made it a point to watch as they trooped us as they exited the field.

Terri, back in the 60s & 70s trying to intimidate the competition was common place. No offense intended but you're much too young to have seen some of the stuff that went on between some of the rivalries back then. Sun, Sky and Cabs at 1978 DCA Prelims comes to mind.

And please, let's keep in mind that these things happened so long ago. I hope no one is trying to open old wounds and that we're all over those things.:thumbup:

That rivalry was more potent between 1987-1990 though, It was like a apple and a orange from the same intense tree.

Terri, back in the 60s & 70s trying to intimidate the competition was common place. No offense intended but you're much too young to have seen some of the stuff that went on between some of the rivalries back then. Sun, Sky and Cabs at 1978 DCA Prelims comes to mind.

And please, let's keep in mind that these things happened so long ago. I hope no one is trying to open old wounds and that we're all over those things.:thumbup:

LOL, either 77 or 78 the horn line of that there red & black NY state corps started marching in Olympic retreat at DCA Finals by marching over a lid of that there orange, blue & white NY state corps. Only other corps members that I know saw it was a couple of us Westshoremen at the back of the line. One of those things where you just wanted to laugh as it was a little bit late to pump yourself up for the show. But... those red & black guys looked a bit too tough to take crap from us youngins' from Central PA. :tongue:

Yeah, I know I'm the only DCPer who actually saw it...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Hey Mike, that was 77