Cavies fans come from Indonesia

Saw this on The Cavaliers Facebook Page.

"Top 5 cities represented by the Cavalier Nation on our Facebook Fan Page:

1. Atlanta, Georgia

2. Jakarta, Indonesia

3. Kuala Lumpur, Maylasia

4. Dallas, Texas

5. Houston, Texas"

That a big surprise to anyone else? I wonder if the International part of DCI is larger then we thought. I mean, to beat out every US city as far as fan numbers but Atlanta?

• Like 2

Saw this on The Cavaliers Facebook Page."Top 5 cities represented by the Cavalier Nation on our Facebook Fan Page:1. Atlanta, Georgia2. Jakarta, Indonesia3. Kuala Lumpur, Maylasia4. Dallas, Texas5. Houston, Texas"That a big surprise to anyone else? I wonder if the International part of DCI is larger then we thought. I mean, to beat out every US city as far as fan numbers but Atlanta?
Kuala Lumpur hosts an international "Band" competition. Just watched a video of the winner recently (who billed themselves as a drum corps -- complete with SCV uniforms!). Edited by corpsband

1. Atlanta, Georgia

2. Jakarta, Indonesia

4. Dallas, Texas

5. Houston, Texas"

That a big surprise to anyone else? I wonder if the International part of DCI is larger then we thought. I mean, to beat out every US city as far as fan numbers but Atlanta?

No surprise at all. BD & Cavies are rock stars over there, and the Drum Corps fan base dwarfs the U.S. Several attempts at tours over there have failed up to now, ....logistics and all that.... but it will happen soon. This is why I chuckle at the demise of DC touted so often on here, wait until DCI really goes "I".

Please forgive me if I'm breaking a rule but the previous post has merit, check this out band from Thailand, the SCV of the Far East.

competing at KLWMBC (Kuala Lumpur World Marching Band Competition) 2010

Please forgive me if I'm breaking a rule but the previous post has merit, check this out band from Thailand, the SCV of the Far East.

competing at KLWMBC (Kuala Lumpur World Marching Band Competition) 2010

Hmm, I really enjoyed that show. Contemporary, yet it doesn't seem chopped to pieces.

1. Atlanta, Georgia

2. Jakarta, Indonesia

4. Dallas, Texas

5. Houston, Texas"

Wow, that IS surprising! I love it! I'd love to see those international corps sometime!

Wow, that IS surprising! I love it! I'd love to see those international corps sometime!

When the Japanese indoor World Open Class percussion group appears at WGI, the place goes positively "electric"!

Through the 90s, at least one corps from Japan or Taiwan would make it to finals most years. As I recall, one (Taipei Yuehfu?) was very good. Does anyone know why they stopped coming? Money is the obvious guess. But maybe there is more to the story?

HH