BOSTON 2000

Yes 2000 Bac is awesome. I watch it all the time. The singing the old snares the color gaurd. It still gives me goosebumps to this day!

People holler every year, but there was a lot of poorly timed screaming that year. As bad as the shouting was during BAC, I think the biggest offender was the moron who let one loose during the Blue Devils' ballad ("FRANK IS AN AMERICAN BAD###").

That one is bad, but by far the worst yell of 2000 was at the end of SCV's ballad : "KRYYYYYYYYYSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

It sounded like a pterodactyl or something.

On the topic of BAC 2000: one of my top 3 favorite shows of all time. Goosebumps every time I see it.

• Like 1

Taken on its own, the individual pieces are fairly "drum corps" conventional. Together, it's a tight, driving and *fun* program. I really wish there was a studio recording available - the singing was awesome when I heard it at midseason, and the Finals CD's don't really do it justice. It really felt like a show with a plan both visually and musically, and is definitely one of my all-time favorites.

Mike

Just putting this out there: I LOVE when people yelling during the performance. They've reached an excitement level so high, they can't contain it. I would kill to march a show that elicits that kind of response.

No offense but your mind-reading ability might not be as good as you think. Much of the yelling isn't spontaneous and not even vaguely responsive to what's happening on the field (except perhaps dynamics).

HH

No offense but your mind-reading ability might not be as good as you think. Much of the yelling isn't spontaneous and not even vaguely responsive to what's happening on the field (except perhaps dynamics).

HH

SO true. Sometimes they scream because somebody in a drum corps show says: "And now for something with no voice!" :doh:

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

Just putting this out there: I LOVE when people yelling during the performance. They've reached an excitement level so high, they can't contain it. I would kill to march a show that elicits that kind of response.

Just putting THIS out there: A person's right only extend to the point where they infringe on another person's right. One person or a few people can ruin it for many MANY other people. :thumbdown:

That's very selfish!

Also, you're making assumptions about many people's motivation for yelling during a performance.

Yes, perhaps the person ( or group) is just so excited and orgasmic that they just can not contain themselves and must scream "Hi Krista" or "I love you Bobby". Perhaps they just want to get on the audio? Perhaps they planned on yelling during a specific portion of a specific corps performance to ruin their recording. We do not know...