1972 - 2010

To answer your questions:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. They are about to, with the TOS concept.

Mr. Grammar Nazi, you don't put a comma before a preposition. What's a TOS concept?

AJMHO

Side note: Your spelling & grammar suck.

Just saying........

:-)

Also, an ellipsis only has three dots.

:rolleyes::thumbup:

Edited by charlie1223

Mr. Grammar Nazi, you don't put a comma before a proposition.

Ummm...a proposition is what you do to a prostitute.

You mean preposition.

(tee-hee)

And to not totally pee on your cornflakes, you might have asked him about the "TOS concept" instead.

(tee-hee-hee)

Edited by garfield

Oh oh... I need a newer edition..... :shutup:

When ordering your new edition order two tongue.gif

Mr. Grammar Nazi, you don't put a comma before a preposition. What's a TOS concept?

doh.gif

Ummm...a proposition is what you do to a prostitute.

You mean preposition.

(tee-hee)

And to not totally pee on your cornflakes, you might have asked him about the "TOS concept" instead.

(tee-hee-hee)

Is this an insight into your secret "other" life.devil.gifsmile.gif

The only snarky way for me to answer this is:

Yes. The line forms to the rear.

Pfft. spitting.gif

I knew romance wasn't deadw00t.gif

The musical/marching outlet that drumcorps served for many is being fullfilled by marching band and indoor drumline/guard programs.

The "keep the kids of the streets" aspect is from a by-gone era. You can keep the kids off the streets with some drumcorps or other local program, but not when you tour the whole summer and charge a few grand.

I really think drumcorps, as we know it today, can survive many years with a few tweeks. #1 The top few million $dollar acts peel off and take their big budget battle stars to broadway. #2 The remaining corps limit the summer tour and spending to levels than many groups can achieve. #3 Promote Open Class.

Hmm...first time using the new site...interesting.

I like your comments, jonnyboy. #'s 1, 2 and 3 are spot-on. I have actually begun pondering what form this might take on going forward. And I believe that perhaps leaving DCI entirely and going ahead and morphing into whatever it is they want to morph into might work best for the "G7...I mean 8." Either that, or perhaps do this "World Series-G7...I mean 8" thing during what we now know as the "off-season." Leave drum corps alone, let it go its own direction and encourage those folks to just move to New York, NY (i.e. Broadway!!). And if you want to field a DCI corps...more power to ya!

I think it would work out nicely, actually, with the ability to hold separate auditions for the "BCI" (Broadway Corps International?) initiative. Let them raise their own funds, reserve their own venues, sell their own tickets and hoard their own revenues. No need to share with us "others."

They get to go do...whatever. We get to "take back" our beloved activity. Sound good?? :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

This is a question/s for old timers and anyone that has a strong opinion regarding loss of corps in today's current market.

why do you think there were so many corps in the early 70's compared to less than 40 today.

Has the xbox/ps3 generation hindered recruitment?

is touring too long/ too expensive?

Has the big boys put smaller corps out of competition?

Do you think too many members move to more successful corps and leave there original corps in the lurch?

should there be a restriction of movement for corps members ie if your from Texas you join a Texas corps?

feel free to add your reasons why it is diminishing, we all have our opinions regarding electronics and the g-7.... is there any other reasons why corps are folding and not many starting up?