The DCI rule book

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I just found that if you Google just the right combination of terms, you can find the 2009 Contest Rules on the interwebs. Not sure if DCI intended it to be open to the public, so I'm not going to post the URL or anything.

The PDF is 25 pages long. I'm surprised they would charge $35 to send a hard copy. I would be upset. Like jmdigmon said, though, no judging sheets or criteria are included. I've not found any of the judging sheets other than the 2008 Music Effect sheet that posted on dci.org prior to 2008 finals and the proposed Entertainment Effect sheet from the Scouts that got tabled this Winter.

Why thank you young man!

I never knew the judges required 3 seats...ph34r.gif

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I just found that if you Google just the right combination of terms, you can find the 2009 Contest Rules on the interwebs. Not sure if DCI intended it to be open to the public, so I'm not going to post the URL or anything.

The PDF is 25 pages long. I'm surprised they would charge $35 to send a hard copy. I would be upset. Like jmdigmon said, though, no judging sheets or criteria are included. I've not found any of the judging sheets other than the 2008 Music Effect sheet that posted on dci.org prior to 2008 finals and the proposed Entertainment Effect sheet from the Scouts that got tabled this Winter.

feel free to accidentally send me the link

I have asked DCI if it's available to fans, still waiting on a reply.....

And you will keep waiting...that's pretty much the answer I got last year..and the year before that...and the year before that...and the year et al.... :tongue:

feel free to accidentally send me the link

Google is your friend...lol...2009 DCI Contest Rules