I Heard...

....There is a new DCA Corps coming out this season with a huge horn line. Anyone else hear this rumor?

....There is a new DCA Corps coming out this season with a huge horn line. Anyone else hear this rumor?

Not heard that rumor. The biggest rumor going around about hornlines is that most of them are going to be smaller than usual due to the economy and other factors.

Ive learned to pay little attention to hype with corps boasting about attendance records in the winter months. Things usually get sorted out more in June and July as far as numbers go. Wishful thinking is one thing. Reality is another.

Edited by camel lips

I've heard some rumors about new corps doing exceptionally well while some finalists may be struggling. Of course I've only been hearing these rumors since 1991 (when I first got involved in this blasted activity). I'm not certain, but I would suspect those that came before me heard similar rumors. :rolleyes:

I'm not certain, but I would suspect those that came before me heard similar rumors. :rolleyes:

Yes, that would be a reasonably accurate assumption. :tongue:

All I heard was the wind blow.... :rolleyes:

....There is a new DCA Corps coming out this season with a huge horn line.

Maybe you should define "huge"

60+

Back in the 70's we never had the internet...had to wait till the season started, and then they would add and add till Championships. I remember DCA corps would add more junior kids for their championships too.

Maybe you should define "huge"

60+

Back in the 70's we never had the internet...had to wait till the season started, and then they would add and add till Championships. I remember DCA corps would add more junior kids for their championships too.

I would put money on it and 3 to 1 odds that no one new will come out with 60+ horns this season and maintain those hornline numbers come Sept. Name any amount you want to bet.

I use to keep up with these numbers but the last few years I have gotten lazy about it. A large hornline in DCA is in the 50's and those are the long standing established corps. I would venture to guess the average size horn line in DCA open Class is probably in the 40ish neighbor hood.

Edited by camel lips