Worst disaster show you ever marched in.

Thanks for all of the stories people. I never saw the 50-car pile up from Garfield (um.. the Cadets), but, I heard the disaster of the "Bottle Dance" for SCV in 82. This shows that every corps from a 20 member corps from Podunk, Iowa all the way up to BD have had their "little" misteps. It always seemed like the end of the world when we blew a show (or occasionally had a major miscommunication from the staff) but I guess we all have survived. :doh::thumbup:

Pioneer 2010 - cant remember if it was Dallas or Houston, but during their ballad you could hear Madison Scouts playing their intro. It was pretty bad for them, i find it humourous personally.

• Like 1

74 finals, after beating Santa Clara by almost 3 points the week before and in prelims, I saw a soprano fall during Slaughter and knew we were in trouble. Back in the day if you fell you could not get back up, so someone came out and helped him off of the field.

• 2 weeks later...

Well well well....my turn.

In 2007 I do remember the show in Louisville, KY. Very well. There was a few seconds of delay starting the show because of something with the amplification and mics, but it seemed to be settled after that.

Right after the opener, and leading into Blue Shades was a Martha Graham quote from one of the pit members. Well all you heard was "Martha Grah-----" and the mic just cut off completely.

So here we are marching the intro to Blue Shades, normally with narration only. Instead, it was SILENCE.

Then....the first entrance is mellos....

DEE-DAH....

...silence....

...dee-dah dee-dah dee-dah DEE-DAH

....more silence.....

Okay, you get the point. Well anyway Hopkins freaked out and thought we were going to get 3rd behind Phantom and Cavies. Nope. We beat them both, and I think we even won the GE caption too.

Back then it was like WTF?? Today it's kinda funny. I mean really funny!

Why were the first few seconds of the show cut shortly after the Atl?

Several people mentioned DCA 2006. Prelims night. That was a miserable experience. The rain seemed to be going sideways. It felt like it was about 50 degrees, and I kept thinking, "We worked our butts of all summer long for this?". We were freezing, the field was flooded. Someone said there were no hash marks. Heck there were no yard lines. It was a soccer field and any lines that were painted were gone. I remember I dropped my opener flag twice within the first 32 counts and I was so ticked off that I remember saying to myself, "OH, hells no!" I fought every release after that and didn't drop again. The weapon line did some work on the ground during the ballad and it was so flooded that when they came up, they threw the water in the air over their heads like it had been choreographed that way.

Good times.

Several people mentioned DCA 2006. Prelims night. That was a miserable experience. The rain seemed to be going sideways. It felt like it was about 50 degrees, and I kept thinking, "We worked our butts of all summer long for this?". We were freezing, the field was flooded. Someone said there were no hash marks. Heck there were no yard lines. It was a soccer field and any lines that were painted were gone. I remember I dropped my opener flag twice within the first 32 counts and I was so ticked off that I remember saying to myself, "OH, hells no!" I fought every release after that and didn't drop again. The weapon line did some work on the ground during the ballad and it was so flooded that when they came up, they threw the water in the air over their heads like it had been choreographed that way.

Good times.

See...if you'd stayed in Deram you would've had lines! (about the only advantage to going on first that day)

And it could've been worse....you could've been forced to wear the 04 Dream guard unis again!