1977 Oakland Crusaders

DRB

Killer drum line,especially quads. Pretty good horn line too.Anyone know who did there horn line in 77 ? Thanks

Much has been written and documented about that drum line. I have read that the tenor line did not receive a single tic the entire season. Can anyone confirm this?

If this is indeed accurate, this would likely be a record which will never be broken.

If this is indeed accurate, this would likely be a record which will never be broken.

True,but can be tied.

Anyone know who did their horn line in 77 ?

I wrote all the new material, and we brought back and expanded my 1971 DeLaSalle arrangement of Bacchanale. I went to TO for a few camps, and between tours.

Ex-DM Joel Alleyne ran the caption, with a couple of recent alumni assisting.

Ken Turner came on board for 2nd tour.

Edited by HornsUp

There's a photocopy in the photos thread of a percussion sheet from late in the season with one tick on it, IIRC. I can't remember if it's Bridgemen 82, SCV 1975 or Caballeros.

269899_10150248308484014_607864013_7289151_3630501_n.jpg

I wrote all the new material, and we brought back and expanded my 1971 DeLaSalle arrangement of Bacchanale. I went to TO for a few camps, and between tours.

Ex-DM Joel Alleyne ran the caption, with a couple of recent alumni assisting.

Ken Turner came on board for 2nd tour.

Thank you HornsUp! Respectfully…I knew of two from 76, one was a soloist for the 1974 Anaheim Kingsmen, the other a soloist for DeLaSalle Oaklands in 1974. Both were horn line instructors for Oakland Crusaders summer of 75 and/or 76 and for Alberta All Girls winter of 76-77 but didn’t tour with AAG summer of 77. Both techs were shy, as am I. I and three other instructors went on a European tour in the summer of 77, one of whom, which I know now, knew you.

Thank you HornsUp for writing the music, music I grew up with, music that made me want to stay in drum corps and hear more.

Sincerely, lindap :smile:

269899_10150248308484014_607864013_7289151_3630501_n.jpg

Hmmmm ... from the sig at the bottom, it looks like Doug Reynolds might have been the judge ... one tough cookie ... I think he came out of Canada and eventually played with some Upstate NY corps in the early 70's ...

:-)

Hmmmm ... from the sig at the bottom, it looks like Doug Reynolds might have been the judge ... one tough cookie ... I think he came out of Canada and eventually played with some Upstate NY corps in the early 70's ...

:-)

Reynolds was indeed on Perc #2 that night. That number is insane. That battery was insane.