Cadets Feb Camp video

So happy that this show is going to be a tad more dark than last year's. :)

• Like 3

Amazed at the lengths people will go to to be miserable.

Especially when they, self-professed fans of drum corps, are presented with a sneak peak into... DRUM CORPS!!

• Like 5

Thanks for this. Hornline pretty clean for January.

Rock out with your gock out.

• Like 3

Is it just me, or would others rather not watch a video of Feb. camp if the quality is like that.

Granted the percussion sounds ok, standing still, in a gym in Feb. I mean...yeah, ok.

But the horns? Not saying I buy it. As for the show being "darker." I don't think so. I mean, sure some of the chords are not all major and happy...but the bright shrill-ness of the un-balanced hornline was plenty bright and happy. Maybe that's their intention though. Write dark chords and have the trumpets over-blow to the point of sounding like flatulence through a tin pipe, while the mid/lower voices are virtually non-existent...well...that's not really dark to me.

Maybe I'll get the excuse that it's on a video camera in a gymnasium...I just don't buy it.

I mean, I love the Cadets, I really do...I just thought it was a poor representation, in my opinion.

As for other people being silent and not putting videos out, I would rather groups not put things out than sound like that video.

Well...there goes one show I was looking forward to down the crapper.

• Like 5

Is it just me, or would others rather not watch a video of Feb. camp if the quality is like that.

Granted the percussion sounds ok, standing still, in a gym in Feb. I mean...yeah, ok.

But the horns? Not saying I buy it. As for the show being "darker." I don't think so. I mean, sure some of the chords are not all major and happy...but the bright shrill-ness of the un-balanced hornline was plenty bright and happy. Maybe that's their intention though. Write dark chords and have the trumpets over-blow to the point of sounding like flatulence through a tin pipe, while the mid/lower voices are virtually non-existent...well...that's not really dark to me.

Maybe I'll get the excuse that it's on a video camera in a gymnasium...I just don't buy it.

I mean, I love the Cadets, I really do...I just thought it was a poor representation, in my opinion.

As for other people being silent and not putting videos out, I would rather groups not put things out than sound like that video.

:rolleyes:

Obvious TROLL is obvious! Excuse me Mr. Troll, I would like to remind you that you are NOT welcome here! Thank you!

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 9

Yes... because we all know February camp videos indoors are wholly indicative of what it's going to sound like come summer....

:sigh:

• Like 6