Cadets Feb Camp video

Okay, there will always be people who beat something down, and undoubtedly there will always be the people that defend it whether it's the best or not! I'm normally one of the latter! With that being said, this clip is amazing for February! The initiation of notes and releases are something of beauty! The reason there are some intonation problems and some crassness to the sound, is because the kids are fully contributing. I'd rather have 80 so so players giving every note their all than 40 great players and 40 people holding back due to lack of aggression. You can make the great kids better, but how do you give those aggression? You can clean intonation and crass playing with time, and this corps sure knows how to do that! Gio is scrupulous and I'd expect nothing less! This hornline is going to turn heads come June, and IMO will take the Jim Ott trophy if the other lines aren't up to snuff! Go get 'em Cadets, I'm really looking forward to your show this year!

• Like 1

Too true!

Percussion seems mighty close to 'ready to go' - give the horns a couple months and they too will be ready. Granted, that was just a 'snippet', but it was a tasty lil' chunk none the less.

My only peeve would be (and it applies to all modern corps) the size of the pit, and the unfortunate keyboard player... try as I might they still don't seem to belong.

No worries though, I am eager to see/hear what will be unveiled this coming season.

• Like 1

Okay, there will always be people who beat something down, and undoubtedly there will always be the people that defend it whether it's the best or not! I'm normally one of the latter! With that being said, this clip is amazing for February! The initiation of notes and releases are something of beauty! The reason there are some intonation problems and some crassness to the sound, is because the kids are fully contributing. I'd rather have 80 so so players giving every note their all than 40 great players and 40 people holding back due to lack of aggression. You can make the great kids better, but how do you give those aggression? You can clean intonation and crass playing with time, and this corps sure knows how to do that! Gio is scrupulous and I'd expect nothing less! This hornline is going to turn heads come June, and IMO will take the Jim Ott trophy if the other lines aren't up to snuff! Go get 'em Cadets, I'm really looking forward to your show this year!

I will say that after spending the day with the Cadets last Sunday, this hornline could be really special! They are very aggressive and powerful

• Like 1

I will say that after spending the day with the Cadets last Sunday, this hornline could be really special! They are very aggressive and powerful

I may try and help out at their next camp. Hopefully get a chance to hear them first hand.

• Like 1

Yaay! These winter sneak-peak clips make Spring seem just moments away.

Brings back the memories big time, too.

"The gyms have changed, but the feeling remains the same" LOL.

Nothing brightens my winter afternoon more than Drum Corps in a gym.....!!!!!

Thanks for the post!

:-)

• Like 1

Gino- "Have the brass hang out"

DM- "Brass relax"

Gino- "LOL, They don't know how"

-True Cadets... Lol

• Like 2