Cadets Feb Camp video

First off...

not a troll. If you have issues with me, write me a message instead of calling me names from behind your computer.

As for the whole Feb. camp thought about not indicating exactly what a corps will be like in June-Aug. Really? I hadn't noticed.

Sorry for not jumping on board with everyone thinking the video is wonderful. My bad.

• Like 4

Is it just me, or would others rather not watch a video of Feb. camp if the quality is like that.

Granted the percussion sounds ok, standing still, in a gym in Feb. I mean...yeah, ok.

But the horns? Not saying I buy it. As for the show being "darker." I don't think so. I mean, sure some of the chords are not all major and happy...but the bright shrill-ness of the un-balanced hornline was plenty bright and happy. Maybe that's their intention though. Write dark chords and have the trumpets over-blow to the point of sounding like flatulence through a tin pipe, while the mid/lower voices are virtually non-existent...well...that's not really dark to me.

Maybe I'll get the excuse that it's on a video camera in a gymnasium...I just don't buy it.

I mean, I love the Cadets, I really do...I just thought it was a poor representation, in my opinion.

As for other people being silent and not putting videos out, I would rather groups not put things out than sound like that video.

Well...there goes one show I was looking forward to down the crapper.

I respect your opinion... (kinda felt the same way after hearing/watching it myself) but I wouldn't assume that the show is going "down the crapper" when the season actually starts. Who knows, you might actually enjoy it when you see it live. I'm keeping an open mind when I go see a show or two this summer... yup I plan to be a fan of all Drum Corps again! And this is coming from a guy who actually played Angels and the Architecture in my college band and didn't enjoy it (I love the ending though but the piece as a whole... not so much). However, I still plan to keep an open mind when I see the show.

• Like 2

First off...

not a troll. If you have issues with me, write me a message instead of calling me names from behind your computer.

As for the whole Feb. camp thought about not indicating exactly what a corps will be like in June-Aug. Really? I hadn't noticed.

Sorry for not jumping on board with everyone thinking the video is wonderful. My bad.

There are diplomatic ways of stating your opinions so that they don't come across as being inflamed and you chose the least diplomatic way by saying things in a negative way. So you brought it upon yourself.

Do I think the video is wonderful? Yes, because I'm happy to hear what a corps is up to in the off season. Do I judge the video based on its terrible cellphone video camera quality and then say the show is going "down the crapper" because this was the medium that was used to record part of ensemble? Absolutely not, because that's crazy. And that's what you did.

The video is not meant to be enjoyed because of the quality in which its presented. It's meant to be enjoyed because it allows a sneak peak of what is developing and at least for me satisfies my craving some hint of drum corps action in the off season.

I'm not expecting an HD video recording of 50 seconds of an ensemble rehearsal. I'm just glad that I get something and don't start spouting negative comments because it is presented at a less than ideal video quality.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 3

:rolleyes:

Obvious TROLL is obvious! Excuse me Mr. Troll, I would like to remind you that you are NOT welcome here! Thank you!

Not a troll - he's been here longer than you and generally has very insightful comments. I agree - the sound was pretty bad. I know the Cadets will sound great by summer but there's not much to be excited about in this video except that they actually released a video.

• Like 4

Not a troll - he's been here longer than you and generally has very insightful comments. I agree - the sound was pretty bad. I know the Cadets will sound great by summer but there's not much to be excited about in this video except that they actually released a video.

I don't know how him being here longer than me has anything to do with this... but, it's all in the way things are said... I would just have appreciated some less negativity in his post.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 5

First off...

You're the one writing off the entire show based on a 50 second video from a February camp....

Well...there goes one show I was looking forward to down the crapper.

Feel free to post critiques on a camp video all you want. But don't make comments like that and expect people to not throw around the "troll" label.

• Like 7

I don't know how him being here longer than me has anything to do with this... but, it's all in the way things are said... I would just have appreciated some less negativity in his post.

My opinion is to just read it then just walk away from it... don't let things like that bother you. More or less does it matter what other people feel about it? Not really, your opinion is really what matters to you.

My opinion is to just read it then just walk away from it... don't let things like that bother you. More or less does it matter what other people feel about it? Not really, your opinion is really what matters to you.

And its my opinion that we should all be looking for things to like and love instead of things to dislike...

Can't wait to hear every drum corps this summer!!! I just know that this year will be a great year for every corps and I'm looking forward to all of them! :D

• Like 2

And its my opinion that we should all be looking for things to like and love instead of things to dislike...

Can't wait to hear every drum corps this summer!!! I just know that this year will be a great year for every corps and I'm looking forward to all of them! :D

Well I don't think its worth getting so worked up about. Your gonna have disagreements on the forum... A LOT! It was a post that I have seen quite a bit on here... mainly during the summer. AND YES! I am sure that every corps will have amazing programs and march with all there hearts! I can't wait till the season starts!

• Like 1