Cadets Feb Camp video

Makes me wonder if I'm a respected member of this board. What makes someone a respected member of this board?

Apparently you just need to apply and have someone accept/approve it. We'll consider your post an application, and I accept/approve it.

Welcome to the club!!

• Like 1

Apparently you just need to apply and have someone accept/approve it. We'll consider your post an application, and I accept/approve it.

Welcome to the club!!

wait a minute -- tekk is responsible for the "Minivan-Buren" show thread title. I'm not sure he really should be approved....

wait a minute -- tekk is responsible for the "Minivan-Buren" show thread title. I'm not sure he really should be approved....

You're overruled.

Respected Member hath spoken!

To recap...

Someone posts video from the February Cadets camp.

Within a couple of hours and seven posts, one poster makes an off-topic plea regarding electronics while another poster feels compelled to describe what he heard on the video as "shrill, unbalanced, over-blowing and flatulent."

A few posters object to such characterizations. One employs common Internet terminology - a troll - to describe provocative posters of the sort who call winter camp hornlines "flatulent."

The poster who called the Cadets hornline "shrill, unbalanced, over-blowing and flatulent" is defended by some and described by one poster as a "respected" member of this board.

Have I left anything important out? Because to me this is pretty simple. The Cadets video - and by extension those who performed in it - isn't a pincushion for every inconsiderate thought that might cross our minds.

Yes, this is a discussion board. No, we don't owe respect to those who don't show it.

HH

Edited by glory
  • Like 3

To recap...

Within a couple of hours and seven posts, one poster makes an off-topic plea regarding electronics while another poster feels compelled to describe what he heard on the video as "shrill, unbalanced, over-blowing and flatulent."

A few posters object to such characterizations. One employs common Internet terminology to describe provocative posters of the sort who call winter camp hornlines "flatulent."

The poster who called the Cadets hornline "shrill, unbalanced, over-blowing and flatulent" is defended by some and described by one poster as a "respected" member of this board.

Have I left anything important out? Because to me this is pretty simple. The Cadets video - and by extension those who performed in it - isn't a pincushion for every inconsiderate thought that might cross our minds.

Yes, this is a discussion board. No, we don't owe respect to those who don't show it.

HH

Yes...

Both posters you mention are on the record "loving" the Cadets. Believe the respected one said as much a line or two before declaring their show went down the crapper.

To recap...

A few posters object to such characterizations. One employs common Internet terminology - a troll - to describe provocative posters of the sort who call winter camp hornlines "flatulent."

HH

I attempted to calm things down?? :lookaround:

I think I failed at that.. Oh well.. Kinda wondering if i'm respected on this forum? What does one have to do to gain this so called respect?