Cadets Feb Camp video

" The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.. "

Right? Not even two hours...

Anyway, back to the video. With all the intonation and balance issues (not to mention I'm pretty sure I saw one member a fraction of a beat behind in his mark time), is it possible that we are witnessing the decline of the once great Cadets, and so in turn, the world?

• Like 3

/Dr. Peter Venkman: "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

• Like 1

To recap...

Someone posts video from the February Cadets camp.

Within a couple of hours and seven posts, one poster makes an off-topic plea regarding electronics while another poster feels compelled to describe what he heard on the video as "shrill, unbalanced, over-blowing and flatulent."

A few posters object to such characterizations. One employs common Internet terminology - a troll - to describe provocative posters of the sort who call winter camp hornlines "flatulent."

The poster who called the Cadets hornline "shrill, unbalanced, over-blowing and flatulent" is defended by some and described by one poster as a "respected" member of this board.

Have I left anything important out? Because to me this is pretty simple. The Cadets video - and by extension those who performed in it - isn't a pincushion for every inconsiderate thought that might cross our minds.

Yes, this is a discussion board. No, we don't owe respect to those who don't show it.

HH

Lest we forget, this is DCP. The world will end if something isn't thrown out of proportion.

Well...there goes one show I was looking forward to down the crapper.

Wow, really? After seeing a 50 second clip, the show is now condemned?

Those of us who have marched before know that any 50 seconds of music is always subject to change. If I had a dime for everytime I had learn a new part or drill...It might pay for half of my tuition.

Still, I'm thrilled that there is an organization that is not afraid to throw us, drum corps fans, a bone every now and then. I don't see any other world class corps giving us sneak peaks.

• Like 1

Wow, really? After seeing a 50 second clip, the show is now condemned?

Those of us who have marched before know that any 50 seconds of music is always subject to change. If I had a dime for everytime I had learn a new part or drill...It might pay for half of my tuition.

Still, I'm thrilled that there is an organization that is not afraid to throw us, drum corps fans, a bone every now and then. I don't see any other world class corps giving us sneak peaks.

I mean are you really surprised? This happens every year. Cadets gives us a snippet of what they'll be doing and immediately the thread goes downhill. Should really be no surprise anymore.

Well, I'd like to save this thread:

I'm glad they are taking Angels in the Architecture really quickly, it seems already faster than last year's show.

From what I understand, the drumbreak (160 BPM from Angels & Demons) will actually be at 180. Not the fastest they've ever gone, but I still have hopes that their closer will be up tempo.

From what I understand, the drumbreak (160 BPM from Angels & Demons) will actually be at 180. Not the fastest they've ever gone, but I still have hopes that their closer will be up tempo.

Honestly that's not fast enough for me. They need to be at 200+ lol...

• Like 1

Honestly that's not fast enough for me. They need to be at 200+ lol...

I agree. But their closer last year left me wanting more. While I understand what they did probably fit better than a fast/frenetic ending, I just expect the Cadets to end fast and loud.

Basically, an 07/08/09 ending. :)