Crusaders choose Jupiter/Mapex/Majestic

I'm a fan of Mapex

I am a fan of Yamaha. And Howdy.

• Like 2

Phantom used baritones?

Hey, that was almost clever!

I actually loved Phantom's low brass presence last year. Really something else.

Last time I saw phantom live was in 2009 in Indy, and there was ZERO presence (I was on the 50, too) ... but now I'm mostly in the Fan Network, non-traveling denomination and from there, its still not close to what it used to be from them.

Edited by brassmeaway

Sooo, they're switching from Pearl/Adams & King horn to those??? I know the Jupiter horns have gotten better over the years, but in overall quality, they're still not up to the level of the King horns.

The percussion equipment is the same idea. They're working on it, but they're not there yet. Switching from Pearl/Adams to Mapex/Majestic may not be the best decision just YET. The marching drums are pretty ok. They hold themselves well, but the pit equipment needs work still. The company still has issues if they're sending out new keyboard bars that are out of tune and concert bass drum stands that consistantly fall apart.

It has been said many times before, but I will say it again. It is not the instrument which makes the performer, but the performer makes the instrument. This applies to the vast majority of instruments short of obviously flawed design.

It has been said many times before, but I will say it again. It is not the instrument which makes the performer, but the performer makes the instrument. This applies to the vast majority of instruments short of obviously flawed design.

This.

Nor am I...

Mapex drums are heavy as ####, their carriers are meh, and their stands are confusing to set up. Not to mention metal rims that make the drum EVEN HEAVIER. Plus, PowerMax heads suck.