Cavaliers hornline

dull? really?

Yes, really. Don't get me wrong, they definitely had their moments, but overall their book was my least favorite out of the top 6. The writing seemed so...artificial to me. I don't understand why Bluecoats didn't beat them.

• Like 1

Yes, really. Don't get me wrong, they definitely had their moments, but overall their book was my least favorite out of the top 6. The writing seemed so...artificial to me. I don't understand why Bluecoats didn't beat them.

I guess different people will have different opinions. I thought that the Cavies' book was the most exciting out of the top six, with Blue Devils being a close second. The Bluecoats were very good, but the music was too repetitive for me. Last year's music was much better; to me it had more variety.

• Like 1

But can you quantify that emotional response? THAT is the true question.

I enjoyed the Cavaliers' brass in 2010 but I really enjoyed the balance and blend they brought to the field. It was unique, if not "characteristically drum corps."

Please, that hornline featured everything BUT balance and blend.

• Like 1

There have been a LOT of Cavies shows through the years that have left me wanting more, but James Bond was one of the coolest drum corps shows ever. Ever. Ehhh Verrrrrr. That drum book sounded like Steve Gadd and Dave Weckel butt###### and gave birth the Cavies drumline.

• Like 4

i keep seeing people talk about 2005-2009 were off years

first off, the 2005 hornline was probably one of the best hornlines thats been on a football field. I'm sure most of you don't want to hear that but its the truth. Go back and listen to the recording and hopefully you'll notice. Yes they had a crappy show that year, and they knew it too. But some of the best players in drum corps come from that organization. How many drum corps kids do you know come from IU, New England Conservatory or any other big name music schools?

Same thing goes for 2008. AMAZING players, but due to the brass staff, they werent able to play the way all of you want them to.

As far as 2010, i could understand why you'd think they were over placed. But that hornline was somewhat young as well. So give them a break

• Like 1

I guess different people will have different opinions. I thought that the Cavies' book was the most exciting out of the top six, with Blue Devils being a close second. The Bluecoats were very good, but the music was too repetitive for me. Last year's music was much better; to me it had more variety.

2009 Bluecoats definitely had variety. Each piece was completely (COMPLETELY) different from the one before it.

first off, the 2005 hornline was probably one of the best hornlines thats been on a football field. I'm sure most of you don't want to hear that but its the truth. Go back and listen to the recording and hopefully you'll notice. Yes they had a crappy show that year, and they knew it too. But some of the best players in drum corps come from that organization. How many drum corps kids do you know come from IU, New England Conservatory or any other big name music schools?

Same thing goes for 2008. AMAZING players, but due to the brass staff, they werent able to play the way all of you want them to.

As far as 2010, i could understand why you'd think they were over placed. But that hornline was somewhat young as well. So give them a break

IU? Yeah, I know a lot of people from IU. Also know a lot from UNT. And from a lot of other great schools across the country. It's not so uncommon to know people in corps who go to good music schools.

• Like 2

you can have all the talent in the world, but you yourself said the staff couldnt get them there. So that means nothing in the end in terms of greatness.

to make a great ensemble, you need great players as well as great teachers. You only talk about the players being great, so as an ensemble, as many here have said, they weren't that great.

and in 08, with all of that tacet, they should have been clean.

• Like 1

you can have all the talent in the world, but you yourself said the staff couldnt get them there. So that means nothing in the end in terms of greatness.

to make a great ensemble, you need great players as well as great teachers. You only talk about the players being great, so as an ensemble, as many here have said, they weren't that great.

and in 08, with all of that tacet, they should have been clean.

dont knock their staff that year. they were good. Their approach just wasnt what drum corps fans/judges wanted but they were good.

i dont know what corps you were looking at, but that corps was pretty clean in 2008. Much cleaner than the champions that year.

as far as cleanliness goes, they were 2nd only to Blue Devils. Phantom had no business winning, even with their epic ending.

BD owned them and so did the cavaliers.

Phantom 08 was the dirtiest championship show since cavaliers 2001

• Like 4