The most overrated shows of the last decade

Is it too soon to add "Two and a Half Men"...?

:worthy:

I couldn't disagree with you more. Everyone of these shows were amazing and deserved every bit of hype they get/got.

My list:

Blue Devils 2010

Blue Devils 2009

SCV 2009

Cadets 2007

Cadets 2005

Cavies 2005

Blue Devils 2003

Phantom 2003

Blue Devils 2001

Cavies 2000

Yeah, I know there are more Blue Devils shows in there than any other corps. That doesn't mean I hate them, it's just been a bad decade for BD IMO.

Surely you were talking about the Colt Cadets in 2005 and 2007...

My list, somewhat in order:

Madison 2010 - yes, the most overrated, and it's only been like 7 months

Phantom 2003 - but i still listen to it

Cavies 2006 - so...musicless

BD 2007 - overrated by the judges, I never really hear people talk about that show haha

Cavies 2001 - cadets got robbed

• Like 3

Surely you were talking about the Colt Cadets in 2005 and 2007...

My list, somewhat in order:

Madison 2010 - yes, the most overrated, and it's only been like 7 months

Phantom 2003 - but i still listen to it

Cavies 2006 - so...musicless

BD 2007 - overrated by the judges, I never really hear people talk about that show haha

Cavies 2001 - cadets got robbed

The 2007 Colt Cadets were OSSIM!

BD 08-09

Cavies 02, 05

SCV 10

Cadets 07

Crown 10

• Like 2

Is it too soon to add "Two and a Half Men"...?

actually, " too late " ( that show and it's star won't be coming down to breakfast anymore it now appears. )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Cavaliers 2002. Yeah, it's a great show, but 2003 was lightyears ahead in terms of show design and performance (with the exception of visual).

Phantom Regiment 2003. One of the worst musical performances of all time. "Real musicians" look down on drum corps because of performances like this, especially since so many consider this their "favorite musical show" of all time. Egads.

Cavaliers 2004. I dunno...I just didn't buy into the hype that year.

Blue Devils 2007. Hello?! Did you see what The Cadets did that year?! No, you didn't...because you blinked. There was a great time-lapse video from that summer of the top few corps from up above (maybe in Atlanta?). Most corps were normal, The Cavaliers and Cadets absolutely FLEW by, and, well...let's just say the Blue Devils portion of the video was very telling.

Phantom Regiment 2008. The worst guard, visual design, and visual performance from a champion since (ironically enough) Phantom Regiment 1996, and the brass wasn't much better. Sure, my blood was pumping like every one else's at the end of that show, but that's no reason to forgive all of their unbelievable errors during the previous 12 minutes.

• Like 3

2003 Phantom- absolutely ghastly brass performance.

2008 Phantom- I dig that this show brought some new life to the activity. But enough already. This show is not the second coming. People rate this show in the top 3 of all time. I wouldn't even put it in the top 3 from 2008.

2010 Madison- I really liked this show. I was really happy to see the Scouts become relevant again. But, I feel like this show gets a little too much credit. It was fairly weak in some areas (percussion, visual) and may have been a tad too simple. Not simple in performance but simple in design.

Crown 2006 to present- this corps gets waaaayyy more credit than they deserve. Campy, cheeseball, fluff.

2004 Cavaliers- worst visual performance of a champion ever.

2006 Cavaliers- Once again, campy, cheeseball, fluff.

• Like 4

I love this thread. SOOOOO easy!

BD 2010

Crown 2010

Cavies 2009

BD 2009

BD 2007

Did I mention BD 2010 and BD 2009?

• Like 3

I would have to say Blue Devils 2010, Blue Devils 2009, Cavaliers 2009, PR 2009, BD 2007, Glassmen 2001-2010.

• Like 3