The most overrated shows of the last decade

And here we go again. Every chance you get to bash The Troopers you do. We get it. Your kid marched Colts in 2009 and you think they should have made finals, but they didn't and you are still bitter.

Don't worry, we know where you stand.

What does this even have to do with the Colts??? Academy was better than Troopers, Spirit Was better than Troopers, Crossmen were better than Troopers. Pacific Crest was better than Troopers.

I just call them as I see them, and most of the people I have talked with agree with me on this. As far as Colts, I also think they got a gift in 1998 when they made finals over Magic of Orlando, and I wasn't sure they deserved to make finals in 2001. I think 98 the only reason Colts made finals was because of their bus accident.

And I have been a fan of Troopers for over 30 years. I am excited to see them climb in the rankings,and if they have the actual 12th best show, then I am also excited for them to be back in finals. The topic is the most overrated shows of the last decade, and this is the 2nd most overrated show, in my opinion.

I don't currently have any affiliation with any corps. But if it makes you feel better about my opinion, think what you will.

• Like 1

2009 and 2010 Blue Devils (reminds me of early Star with all the props trying to make up for lack of content)

2008 Phantom Regiment (I actually prefer the Jim Wren arrangements done in the 80's)

2008 Crown

2005 Cavaliers

Your first sentence made this post irrevelant.

• Like 5

What does this even have to do with the Colts??? Academy was better than Troopers, Spirit Was better than Troopers, Crossmen were better than Troopers. Pacific Crest was better than Troopers.

I just call them as I see them, and most of the people I have talked with agree with me on this. As far as Colts, I also think they got a gift in 1998 when they made finals over Magic of Orlando, and I wasn't sure they deserved to make finals in 2001. I think 98 the only reason Colts made finals was because of their bus accident.

And I have been a fan of Troopers for over 30 years. I am excited to see them climb in the rankings,and if they have the actual 12th best show, then I am also excited for them to be back in finals. The topic is the most overrated shows of the last decade, and this is the 2nd most overrated show, in my opinion.

I don't currently have any affiliation with any corps. But if it makes you feel better about my opinion, think what you will.

You never answered my question.

What it has to do with The Colts is the countless posts on here where you talked about how the colts got screwed, how the troopers sucked that year, and how it was one of the biggest travesties in DCI. You have been called out on here numerous times for it before, some of those by me. If you would like, I could dig up a bunch of your posts that proves my point, but it may take a while...because there are quite a few.

Also, while you don't currently have any affiliations with any corps, you DID have an affiliation with the 2009 Colts and you have continued to voice your feelings about them getting screwed on here. It's ok if you feel that way, just be up front about it.

With all of that being said, if you think that 2009 troop was one of the most over-rated shows of the last decade, then that is your opinion. It doesn't change the outcome.

For me, if I was going to choose a show for "Most-Overrated" I would choose something that placed a lot higher than 12th. I would probably choose 2008 Phantom Regiment as overrated, but I also think that they should have won that year. I like the show, just not as much as a lot of folks, but it still got what it deserved in my opinion. I am one of the few folks on here that believes that the judges, for the most part, get it right, and when they don't it is by only a place or two. 2007 Cavaliers is another one for me. I would have probably had them a bit lower, but at the same time, there weren't a lot of great corps that year challenging for a medal.

Your first sentence made this post irrevelant.

• Like 1

Are we talking just in terms of scores? Or just general popularity?

For me, PR 2008 is the runaway winner of the overrated award. In both areas actually.

You ever hear people in sports who say their favorite team is "Whoever is playing the Yankees/Cowboys/Lakers"?

Notice how people in random places such as Wisconsin, Wyoming, Idaho, become HUGE fans of whoever is playing those teams even if they are not from their state?

I notice it all of the time because I am west coast guy living on the east coast. Most recently, the Philadelphia area swelled with Dallas fans while they were whooping my

LA Lakers butts in the playoffs. lol.

Thats exactly what Happened with PR in 2008. Everyone loves to hate the great teams, and recently, few are greater than the Devils.

Everyone just had that "ANYONE but Blue Devils" attitude and PR was the closest and best possibility. It wouldnt have mattered who was close to BD in prelims or Semis.

The Masses were not rooting FOR anyone, they were rooting AGAINST Blue Devils. Simple as that. A few weeks earlier when PR wasnt considered to be a "Favorite", I talked to

lots of people who thought their show was "Average". Suddenly at Finals weeks, they clearly had a solid shot and people jumped on board. It could have been Carolina Crown or Cavaliers, that took

a sudden jump and people would have jumped on that band wagon and people today would be talking about how "legendary" those shows were.

PR08 was very dirty visually, and resembled more of the recent High school band shows and Indoor Guard shows that I have seen over the last 10 years. Highly unoriginal, and with the exception of percussion, there wasnt amazing execution. In terms of technical content, they probably had the 4th or 5th most technical overall program. I would have had them 2nd in Brass, 1st in perc, and about 7th or 8th in Visual and Color Guard.

PR is responsible for my two favorite shows of all time so its funny that I always get accused of being a BD homer for my opinion of 08, but thats my thoughts! Im sure some people will respond telling me why 08 was so wonderful, but again, these are just my thoughts.

• Like 3

You're certainly welcome to your opinion, and it's fair to say we all develop show "preferences" throughout the season that may not jive with placements. However, I suggest you consider the complexity of how scores are developed and the degree to which "likey" or "not likey" doesn't enter into the judges mind. I enjoyed the 2-12 placing corps last year vastly more than the winning corps, it doesn't mean they didn't deserve the win.