The most overrated shows of the last decade

BD 2007

Madison 2010- an alright show, but it wasnt gods gift to drum corps like some made it out to be.

SCV 2009

Edited by AlexL
  • Like 5

2001 Cavaliers

High Music GE? With a 4th place brass line? Music GE and Music Ensemble scores way too high, probably should have finished 3rd.

2003 Phantom Regiment

WHAAAAAT?! Yes, really. The next five years were all better. I used to love this show, and I still like it... but the visuals are DIRT-y and the horns are over-blowing HORRENDOUSLY in the finale.

2007 Bluecoats

Oooh. What a cheesy show. Music was played well, books were very boring. Definitely deserved 7th, shouldn't have been so close to Crown, Vanguard, and Phantom.

2008 Carolina Crown

I still can't believe this scored almost 97. The show design was clever, but not cohesive enough for me. Crown was still developing, this show was closer to 07's level than 09's level.

2009 Blue Devils

Easiest brass book by a DCI Champion ever. Drum line was smokin'. Brass line really nailed those whole notes.

Okay, fire away. :rock:

• Like 4

Phantom 2008

Carolina Crown 2010

Phantom 2006

Cavaliers 2001

Blue Stars 2010

all great shows I just think they got/get waaaay too much hype/love imo.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Everyone of these shows were amazing and deserved every bit of hype they get/got.

My list:

Blue Devils 2010

Blue Devils 2009

SCV 2009

Cadets 2007

Cadets 2005

Cavies 2005

Blue Devils 2003

Phantom 2003

Blue Devils 2001

Cavies 2000

Yeah, I know there are more Blue Devils shows in there than any other corps. That doesn't mean I hate them, it's just been a bad decade for BD IMO.

• Like 4

I couldn't disagree with you more. Everyone of these shows were amazing and deserved every bit of hype they get/got.

My list:

Blue Devils 2010

Blue Devils 2009

SCV 2009

Cadets 2007

Cadets 2005

Cavies 2005

Blue Devils 2003

Phantom 2003

Blue Devils 2001

Cavies 2000

Yeah, I know there are more Blue Devils shows in there than any other corps. That doesn't mean I hate them, it's just been a bad decade for BD IMO.

Totally agree with Cavies 2000, but what a drumline they had. As for Cadets 2005 and 2007, I wonder if you are citing them in terms of entertainment, or talent. Entertainment, I understand these on the list, but in terms of cleanliness and talent...NO WAY. The best drum corps on the field performing the hardest show with the highest level of execution was the Cadets (speaking of 2007 of course). I will never forgive certain actions that took place over the course of that week from either party, but it doesn't excuse the fact that there were no dirty parts in that show. Truthfully, I would put BD 07 as the overrated show.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but i AM the expert.

Edit: And also, I though overrated referred to shows that got too much hype on this site. Are you trying to say that a large majority were really gung ho for 07 Cadets, 05 Cadets, and 09 BD?

Edited by brassEXPERT
  • Like 1

Phantom 2003- loved the music, but really dirty visually and as someone mentioned previously way overblown

SCV 2004- dont understand everyones "Attraction" to the the show.

Phantom 2008- amazing ending! but weak visually/guard.

BD 2009- doesnt need explaining

Scouts 2010- good to see them in finals, enjoyed the show the first couple times, but didnt feel like they added enough layers as the season progressed.

• Like 2