The most overrated shows of the last decade

Cavies 2010. Obviously performed the s**t out of it, but honestly it bored me.

Never been a Blue Devils fan either...

• Like 1

any show, any year, by its own members.

• Like 3

any show, any year, by its own members.

thumbup.gif

• Like 1

Phantom 08 most overated show, ever. Nowhere close to championship level, should have placed 3rd, possibly 4th behind Crown. Great effort from the kids in the corps, show design was very weak, and colorguard was very weak.

Phantom 06, should have been 5th place, not 2nd.

Troopers 09, Should have placed 17th at best.

Cadets 05, a great show, but nowhere near a 99.15 Should have won, but closer to a 97.3

Blue Devils 10, never should have beaten Cavaliers.

Cavaliers 2007, Billy Joel music and show were very weak.

• Like 1

so the bloo dm can't stand the fact that people like phantom and crowns music more than others... poor guy :( :( :(

My picks (please note that I don't disagree with ANY of the placements for these corps, they were all pretty much around where they should have been, I just don't understand why people like them as much as they do) a little from most.

Blue Devils: 07-10 (yes... they deserved to win when they did... ugh)

Blue coats: 07,08, 10 (09 didn't receive that much hype, did it??)

Vanguard: 09 ooops, meant to say 07, Loved 09

Phantom: 07 (but an underrated guard),09 (yes...yes I do realize people don't think this was a good show.. and it's still over hyped, that's how bad it was.... "love you phantom :)"

Cadets: 09

Madison: 2010!!!! .... thought most of it was blaaaa.... but I sooooo appreciate it.

crown: 04, 07 (hold the cheddar, please), 10 (enjoyed the music, but I feel if you are going to have a story line/concept, it should make sense)

Troopers: 09

cavaliers: ....hmmm.... funny , I can't think of one, the shows of theirs that are 'hyped' are well deserved I guess.

edit: I find it funny that two people gave me negatives, I'm out of line???

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 3

It says most over rated so I only get 1 show and it has to be a show that I feel had a ton of hype and scored well but...

I’m not saying this was a bad show or the worst show, just that it had the biggest bandwagon and still left me flat and was executed below its placement, finals score

Crown 2007

It was predictable, seemed like an 80s rehash (in a bad way), visually bland, musically boring and oh so sloppy but it rocketed them to crowd favorite where they have stayed ever since so good for them

• Like 1

Phantom 08 most overated show, ever. Nowhere close to championship level, should have placed 3rd, possibly 4th behind Crown. Great effort from the kids in the corps, show design was very weak, and colorguard was very weak.

Phantom 06, should have been 5th place, not 2nd.

Troopers 09, Should have placed 17th at best.

Cadets 05, a great show, but nowhere near a 99.15 Should have won, but closer to a 97.3

Blue Devils 10, never should have beaten Cavaliers.

Cavaliers 2007, Billy Joel music and show were very weak.

The show itself wasn't overrated. It was the fact that the corps made finals after 23 years.

Every corps in 2010 except the Scouts. First time in 20 years I left a drum corps competition early.

This post implies that Scouts 2010 wasn't overrated.

• Like 1

BD 2009-2010 - I really don't want to reignite the argument, so I'll just say that these shows did absolutely nothing for me. Playing to the judges.

Cavis 2000-2001 - Same. These shows actually had moments that I enjoyed, but that leaves a total of about twenty minutes of meh.

Cavis 07 - Doesn't get much fanfare to begin with, so maybe not an overrated show, but I think this show placed too high. Moving on.

Phantom 08 - I LOVE this show, and it's still an emotional experience anytime I watch it, but the messiah treatment is a bit much.

Crown 09 - Lots and lots of meh. Loved 07 and 08. This one just doesn't register with me the same way.

Bloo 10 - Not the biggest fan of this show medaling, but then again, I can't justify Crown beating them.

• Like 3