Cadets Uniform

It has been said that alumni are upset that age-outs with the Cadets and rookies are not going to be able to share in the tradition of wearing the west point style uniform. This is very true, and does bring a legitimate argument to the table that should be looked over.

-a friend of many current, discouraged Cadets

Well, I am one alum who salutes and appreciates all of the current members, as do others from reading here.

• Like 2

The DM's wore either maroon or gold cummerbunds even back in the day.

See here

I think that the guys in maroon cummerbunds were the guard captains before they added the girl guard. Could be wrong, but that is my thought on that particular photo.

I think that the guys in maroon cummerbunds were the guard captains before they added the girl guard. Could be wrong, but that is my thought on that particular photo.

It's possible. I don't see the Color Guard Captains in this Cadets picture from 1954 with Sabers however. 'Not sure if the Cadets Corps Color Guard Captains had Sabers in 1954, nor if they had more than one Color Guard Captain. They could be Assistant Drum Majors, or some combination of Drum Major(s ) and Color Guard Captain(s).

In any event, what a wonderful picture of The Cadets from 1954 on the Capitol steps in Washington, DC.

Edited by BRASSO

It's possible. I don't see the Color Guard Captains in this Cadets picture from 1954 with Sabers however. 'Not sure if the Cadets Corps Color Guard Captains had Sabers in 1954, nor if they had more than one Color Guard Captain. They could be Assistant Drum Majors, or some combination of Drum Major(s ) and Color Guard Captain(s).

In any event, what a wonderful picture of The Cadets from 1954 on the Capitol steps in Washington, DC.

Yes..............Guard captains until recent years were always in the maroon and white and Majors in gold and white

"MPs, guard the director...." LOL

"and you will address me as Dan Acheson. I think I've earned it"

:tongue:

• Like 1

Haven't read the 45+ pages...but...

Fairly recent Cadet here and I feel like I was in the transition from traditional to change in the corps. I marched 01-05 then was on staff and I'm all for the change. Here are my few points, sorry if they've already been covered.

1) They know this is a BIG decision, therefore I would think it's a really solid concept since they're even considering it.

2) The new members have just as much love for that uniform as when the old members wore it. The difference is they don't have 10+ years after aging out to see it unchanged and become more attached to the tradition of it.

3) I bet you a large sum of money they win field visual if their pants are black. :)

• Like 5

The FB page makes it appear that the alumni are shocked that Hopkins is treating them with such disregard bordering on contempt.

HOW ARE THEY SURPRISED ABOUT THIS!??!!

Hopkins has always had disregard bordering on contempt for the average drum corps fan. It was only a matter of time before that extended to alumni when he didn't get his way.

This is who he is.

• Like 3

The FB page makes it appear that the alumni are shocked that Hopkins is treating them with such disregard bordering on contempt.

HOW ARE THEY SURPRISED ABOUT THIS!??!!

Hopkins has always had disregard bordering on contempt for the average drum corps fan. It was only a matter of time before that extended to alumni when he didn't get his way.

This is who he is.

How do you know what's going on in his brain? Just because you disagree with what he has done with the corps doesn't mean he has disregard or contempt for the average drum corps fan OR alumni.

• Like 4