Cadets Uniform

How do you know what's going on in his brain? Just because you disagree with what he has done with the corps doesn't mean he has disregard or contempt for the average drum corps fan OR alumni.

Because some might say that his past behavior and actions would suggest he is manipulative.

I would suggest that manipulator's in general rarely seek counsel or help. They seek to manipulate the counselor or helper.

Because some might say that his past behavior and actions would suggest he is manipulative.

I would suggest that manipulator's in general rarely seek counsel or help. They seek to manipulate the counselor or helper.

We have no evidence that he hasn't sought council, all we know is that he didn't seek council from the alumni association.

To expect him to is backwards. It's the alumni association's responsibility to support the corps, not the other way around. Having marched in the corps at some point in the past does not give me a vote on the creative team.

Traveling up and down the east cost specifically in order to meet with alumni, is not disregard or contempt. Not consulting them before a design decision is also not disregard or contempt either. Was he really expected to take a vote of the alumni about this issue? That's ridiculous.

Additionally, there is an alumni voice on the design team, as there are alums on the design team. What else was he realistically supposed to do?

• Like 5

How do you know what's going on in his brain? Just because you disagree with what he has done with the corps doesn't mean he has disregard or contempt for the average drum corps fan OR alumni.

True. But we do know how " For He Who's Name Shall Always Be G. " feel about 2 dozen Drum Corps in Open Class. He has more than a little "contempt" for these Corps.

Lets be frank and honest here. If he had his way, they'd all be pushing up daisies. That's not wild speculation or a need for the reading of what's inside his brain. That's just a fact derived the simple ability to hear what comes out of " G's " vocal chords.

It's one thing to go overboard in our criticisms of " G. ". That's a fair point. But it's also not helpful not to recognize that some of his recommendations clearly make a lot of people wince when we hear his defenders say that he doesn't "disrespect" or hold in" contempt" other Corps and fans.

His actions, and his recommendations clearly speak otherwise.

Edited by BRASSO

True. But we do know how " For He Who's Name Shall Always Be G. " feel about 2 dozen Drum Corps in Open Class. He has more than a little "contempt" for these Corps.

Lets be frank and honest here. If he had his way, they'd all be pushing up daisies. That's not wild speculation or a need for the reading of what's inside his brain. That's just a fact derived the simple ability to hear what comes out of " G's " vocal chords.

It's one thing to go overboard in our criticisms of " G. ". That's a fair point. But it's also not helpful not to recognize that some of his recommendations clearly make a lot of people wince when we hear his defenders say that he doesn't "disrespect" or hold in" contempt" other Corps and fans.

His actions, and his recommendations clearly speak otherwise.

It's also not helpful to not recognize that he is and has made an effort to announce what will take place before the season actually happens. So as much as many people here want to make him out to be the devil, you may also want look at the fact that they are going up and down the east coast talking to alumni.

It's also not helpful to not recognize that he is and has made an effort to announce what will take place before the season actually happens. So as much as many people here want to make him out to be the devil, you may also want look at the fact that they are going up and down the east coast talking to alumni.

True. This is an internal struggle now within The Cadets organization, and I recognize that he is not " the devil ".

I was just pointing out that a lot of people didn't get the vibes of a lot of love," respect", from " G " when he walked up to the podium last year and without batting an eye, nor with any sense of remorse, or relunctance, called for the death of the Open Class Corps.

When somebody calls for the death of your Corps, I 'd say that falls into the realm of " disrespect ". Whether you or others think so or not.

Edited by BRASSO

True. This is an internal struggle now within The Cadets organization, and I recognize that he is not " the devil ".

I was just pointing out that a lot of people didn't get the vibes of a lot of love," respect", from " G " when he walked up to the podium last year and without batting an eye, nor with any sense of remorse or relunctance, called for the death of the Open Class Corps.

When somebody calls for the death of your Corps, I 'd say that falls into the realm of " disrepect ". Whether you or others think so or not.

Yes, I completely understand that and I wouldn't want any of the other corps to be killed off, but that's an entirely different subject into which I really don't want to go.

Yes, I completely understand that and I wouldn't want any of the other corps to be killed off, but that's an entirely different subject into which I really don't want to go.

No problem.

I was just pointing out that a lot of people didn't get the vibes of a lot of love," respect", from " G " when he walked up to the podium last year and without batting an eye, nor with any sense of remorse, or relunctance, called for the death of the Open Class Corps.

When somebody calls for the death of your Corps, I 'd say that falls into the realm of " disrespect ". Whether you or others think so or not.

Dramatics of the bolded statement aside, let's not forget that 6 other corps directors also "called for the death of the Open Class Corps". I expect you project that perceived contempt on to them as well?

That said, I'm actually surprised it took this long for GWhatever to be brought up.

DCP is all grows up!!

Dramatics of the bolded statement aside, let's not forget that 6 other corps directors also "called for the death of the Open Class Corps". I expect you project that perceived contempt on to them as well?

Yes, as a matter of fact.

Shame on all of them that supported this. ( And anyone else for that matter. )

Edited by BRASSO