Cadets Uniform

I don't have more information about the specifics.

I just wanted to bring up that (if I remember correctly) that he marched

Cadets before he went to West Point, and that the year the photo was taken was '81 and was his last year with the Cadets. This implies that the perhaps the summers of '79 & '80 Cadets didn't "go on tour" for the entire summer?

In those days corps did not travel all summer the way they do now. In fact, it was The Cadets who introduced the "all-summer" touring model around 1984/85.

In those days corps did not travel all summer the way they do now. In fact, it was The Cadets who introduced the "all-summer" touring model around 1984/85.

The photo is from 1982. (the corps had changed the drum major uniform that season to cream with the maroon braid)

He was still at the academy. He was with us all spring and half of summer. He had to return to the academy mid summer for their training, so he could not complete the season. The corps was still on the two-tour model then. After he left us, we filled his spot.

Quite an amazing guy...

• Like 1

This is not historically accurate. For the record, it actually was The Troopers that first introduced the " all summer touring model", and it began in the 60's, 20 years before the Garfield Cadets did so, and before DCI was formed. The Troopers left Caspar, Wyoming in June, did shows and competitions all across the country, and did not return to Caspar, Wyo. until late August.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

milk-a-what??? blink.gif

• Like 1

I've seen the uniform first hand this past weekend. You'll all be pleased, even the most diehard Cadet fan or alumni. They look great. It's a 1 year switch. I won't say more than that, other than....RELAX! The corps is going to look classy and amazing!

• Like 2

This is not historically accurate. For the record, it actually was The Troopers that first introduced the " all summer touring model", and it began in the 60's, 20 years before the Garfield Cadets did so, and before DCI was formed. The Troopers left Caspar, Wyoming in June, did shows and competitions all across the country, and did not return to Caspar, Wyo. until late August.

I do not recall a single instance of a corps in the 1960s remaining away from home from June until late August....including the Troopers. Typical season for the Troopers in that era involved a "first tour" in early July for a week or two, and a "second tour" to VFW Nationals and whatever other events they could line up on the way to/from the VFW location. The corps would return to Casper for the time in between those two tours.

• Like 1

I've seen the uniform first hand this past weekend. You'll all be pleased, even the most diehard Cadet fan or alumni. They look great. It's a 1 year switch. I won't say more than that, other than....RELAX! The corps is going to look classy and amazing!

I have not seen the uniform.. I take NO issue for The Cadets to change it up every once in awhile.. Hey, it works great form Crown, BD, BC to change it up.. It is not an issue for me and I've been a long time fan of the activity...

Have fun Cadets.. Bravo on the new ideas... If it works great if not, great that you tried something new..

Bravo, can't wait to see it on the field..

• Like 2

I have not seen the uniform.. I take NO issue for The Cadets to change it up every once in awhile.. Hey, it works great form Crown, BD, BC to change it up.. It is not an issue for me and I've been a long time fan of the activity...

Have fun Cadets.. Bravo on the new ideas... If it works great if not, great that you tried something new..

Bravo, can't wait to see it on the field..

Totally agree...and I know as many alumni that may be upset there are many who just want the corps to be successful, current and explore all options and totally think out of the box.......................Good Luck Cadets..................seems youre as poplular as ever and keep them all yapping.....you and BD .....Yeah both of ya...lol :tongue:

As they ALWAYS do...

• Like 2