Cadets Uniform

Because they're the only corps to (up until now) never have changed their uniform aside from a few slight alterations every now and then. It's still always been the same basic concept.

I dunno -- I think the double-sided uniform was more than a "slight" alteration.

All those who complained about Crown's uniform last year will probably have lots more to complain about this season :ph34r:

• Like 2

I think the issue is that you cannot push your production theme without a strong costume to re enforce the concept. I love the Cadets uniform but it could be something that holds them back competitively. The Cadets have proven that you can be the best technical drum corps out there and still come in second (2007).

You could say, "I'd rather see them come third in the old uniform rather then winning in a new uniform" but that doesn't bring talented kids out to your corps. Let's be honest talented kids show up at the Blue Devils because they want to win. I think the best thing is to have a performance costume and wear the uniform for other functions ie. a performance for donors, alumni, doing a parade etc...

So Ashy!

• Like 2

I dunno -- I think the double-sided uniform was more than a "slight" alteration.

All those who complained about Crown's uniform last year will probably have lots more to complain about this season :ph34r:

I think that would require the Cadets to come up with a worse uniform than Crown did last year. That would be hard to top. :tongue:

• Like 3

I think the best thing is to have a performance costume and wear the uniform for other functions ie. a performance for donors, alumni, doing a parade etc...

Isn't it ironic? Dontcha think?

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1

I think that would require the Cadets to come up with a worse uniform than Crown did last year. That would be hard to top. :tongue:

I think you'll see more than just the Cadets changing. And I think there's *plenty* of room for people to "top" Crown's offering :-) I'll bet CC 2010 will soon seem very 'conventional'.

Just take a look at what goes on in WGI 'uniforms' -- some things are amazing and some things...just defy explanation.

• Like 1

OK, I can understand that.

But does changing what they wear on the field make them any less "Cadets"?

Personally, I don't think so. I'm not a Cadets alumnus, so I'm not as emotionally invested in this as some people are, but I'm really curious as to what they're gonna do (and I'm keeping an open mind about it, too).

And who ever said that the uniform change isn't just a slight alteration? Like the slight alterations made before in past shows? People are jumping to the conclusion that its going to "terrible" just because the word "change" is used... which is being dramatic. No one knows what the uniforms will look like, or how much they will ACTUALLY change so there is honestly nothing to be dramatic about.

I never said that it would be more than a slight alteration. I agree with you - this could very well be another slight alteration with the same basic concept. I'm looking forward to whatever they do (this is coming from a guy that liked Crown's uniform last summer, so I think I'll be okay with whatever the Cadets put out...unless it's like Glassmen '93).

Maybe so, but you could still tell that it was totally a Cadets uniform. Still easily recognizable.

• Like 1

I know I'm supposed to be worked up about this, but ... I'm just not. So they want to change? Ok... play good, march fast and maybe bring back one of their extended tenor drum features in the middle, and I'm happy.

And I'm with Bawker, I think we're probably overdue for the WGI unitard-of-the-year model to be brought into DCI.

Mike

• Like 1