Cadets Uniform

the right foot step off was not pre DCI or post for several years...may have happened in the early 80s

You're right: I meant to say LEFT foot step off was their style for a LONG time, and the right foot step off was relatively 'new' for Cadets. My bad

• 11 months later...

That is one thing I really do love about Cadets is their uniform always being the same. Cavaliers have kept theirs the same for quite a while too now.

That is one thing I really do love about Cadets is their uniform always being the same. Cavaliers have kept theirs the same for quite a while too now.

The Cavaliers got new uniforms in 2010.

The Cavaliers got new uniforms in 2010.

New design?

New design?

Slightly..... The color scheme is the same, but the back of the jacket is now black and and there is a more angular cut in the front....you can tell its still the Cavaliers, but its not your fathers uniform

Edited by ContraFart

Slightly..... The color scheme is the same, but the back of the jacket is now black and and there is a more angular cut in the front....you can tell its still the Cavaliers, but its not your fathers uniform

And you know what? Thank God it's not. I am all about tradition and keeping some "purity" in drum corps but there are places where you just have to draw the line and in my opinion, uniforms are one of them. When I look at the old long jackets of the past that go down to the belt line (or below) and see how baggy most uniforms looked and then compare that to what companies like FJM, Stanbury and Demoulin are creating now with slender looks that actually look on the field and on camera, I don't ever want to look back. There are ways to keep a corps identity and I think Cadets, Cavies, Phantom, SCV and Scouts have all done a good job with keeping the "classic corps look" while still finding ways to actually look good. Lets face it. Long jackets (some in blouses), baggy pants and spats....uughlk! Can we please never re-visit that again? Face it. Those old style uniforms just don't look good.

You can still have a simulation to the classic look. Look at Cavies. Similar, but different in that the details of the current look make the kids look tall and slender. Same with SCV. The character of the Santa Clara Vanguard still exists but the shorter jacket makes them look better. Same with Scouts. Very close to their classic 75 look but with a shorter sash and a tighter/shorter jacket...and the short sleeves as much as some have not liked them also helps their more slender look. You don't have to have the "FJM Breakout look", but you do need the kind of basic modifications that today's uniform companies have adapted in order to look good.

Edited by JBman
  • Like 1

Cavalier uniform was changed 2 years ago to something quite a few of us do not really care for...

• Like 1

Bring back the Wool Jackets! :tongue:

Ugh, those were hot for sure!