What qualifies you as a member of a corps?

I earned a contract

But had to leave on the second day of move-ins due to issues with my back.

Do I consider myself a member? No

What do I think qualifies as a member?

Any person that marches the first show with intentions of completing the season.

Injuries and family issues are excusable.

Just quitting because you don't want to do it anymore is not.

I know when I marched Crown in '09 us rookies considered ourselves members when we got our necklaces!

Whatever one believes are the qualifyers for wearing the Corps jacket, one must be prepared to extend the Corps jacket temporarily to a girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse, mother,etc when out of doors and the temperature drops, and he or she came ill prepared for the temperature drop, while you did. They key determinative factor here however must be A) a minimum 15 degree drop in temperature and B)you love the other person, and they love you and C) they promise until the end of time never in the future to throw out any of your Drum Corps stuff without your expressed verbal permission.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Whatever one believes are the qualifyers for wearing the Corps jacket, one must be prepared to extend the Corps jacket temporarily to a girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse, mother,etc when out of doors and the temperature drops, and he or she came ill prepared for the temperature drop, while you did. They key determinative factor here however must be A) a minimum 15 degree drop in temperature and B)you love the other person, and they love you and C) they promise until the end of time never in the future to throw out any of your Drum Corps stuff without your expressed verbal permission.

So everyone should be equipped with a portable thermometer?

:tongue:

Id say someone is a member once they have

1. Marched a show.

2. Completed the season or gotten (actually) injured trying. Quitting\getting 'injured' doesnt count.

Edited by AlexL

So everyone should be equipped with a portable thermometer?

:tongue:

Yes. Provided one brings the correct portable thermometer with them. However, if we see the other person shivering and turning blue, and it appears that icicles are forming along the person's eyebrows, we can assume the temperature has dipped within the prescribed range. This will allow the other person to wear our Corps jacket, though not a member, without future repercussions nor recriminations from anyone.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Yes. Provided one brings the correct portable thermometer with them. However, if we see the other person shivering and turning blue, and it appears that icicles are forming along the person's eyebrows, we can assume the temperature has dipped within the prescribed range. This will allow the other person to wear our Corps jacket, though not a member, without future repercussions nor recriminations from anyone.

what if it was already 0 degrees when you went outside, and the other person was just not prepared? Can you still loan the jacket even though the temperature did not change? :huh:

• Like 1

what if it was already 0 degrees when you went outside, and the other person was just not prepared? Can you still loan the jacket even though the temperature did not change? :huh:

Touche...